Bloodymare going open beta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: matas
tried one from fileshare I think and other from torrent, both are corrupted wth!!! I use win rar

First one I tried was via Fileplanet ,that was corrupted when I tried to install the game,the second one I downloaded via their bitorrent link(I used uTorrent) and was fine when I unzipped it via ALZip.

Continuity28

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: matas
tried one from fileshare I think and other from torrent, both are corrupted wth!!! I use win rar

With a torrent, each piece is checked before the green light is given. Either the files in the torrent were corrupted to begin with, or WinRAR isn't handling it properly.

If ALZip works for it, does that mean WinRAR was doing it wrong, or maybe the file is always corrupted, and ALZip isn't as strict? :confused:

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
So has anyone actually been playing this? I have enjoyed it quite a bit myself, apart from the excessive walking. But most people I've talked to in game seem to think it is pretty good, especially for a beta. I started a new char yesterday as a Shaman, name is Relic (looked around my room and saw it on Company of Heroes box). I really hope they keep it free, and only charge for rare items, hopefully ones you can still find yourself.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Looks like the Open Beta will be ending soon and the launch will be June 16th. They have a pretty interesting pay to play method which i'm still debating whether or not I like.

Package costs
Basic Package: $7.99 a month
Premium Package: $14.99 a month
Package benefits

More Experience Points
Free ? Default
Basic ? Additional 20%
Premium ? Additional 50%
* With a Basic or Premium package, players will be able to gain more experience points needed to enhance and level-up their characters, strengthening them in order to survive the darkest parts of the Requiem world. Basic users will receive an additional 20% of what free players normally gain, while Premium users will receive an additional 50%.

Higher Chance for Item Drops
Free ? Default
Basic ? 10% higher chance
Premium ? 30% higher chance
* As a Basic or Premium user, players will have a higher chance of getting items, weapons and armor dropped by the monsters that they kill in the world of Requiem, also giving them a higher chance of getting rare and precious items needed to defeat the toughest monsters that stalk the world at night. Basic users will have a 10% higher chance of getting item drops than free players do, while Premium users will have a 30% higher chance.

Lower Death Penalties
Free ? 4% Experience points loss upon death
Basic ? 3% Experience points loss upon death
Premium ? 1% Experience points loss upon death
* Basic and Premium users will lose less experience points when their characters die in the world of Requiem as opposed to free players.

Regional Chat Functionality
Free ? NOT available
Basic ? available
Premium ? available
* Only Basic and Premium users will have the ability to region chat. Free users will only have access to local chat functions.

Get more from Item Mall purchases
Free ? No additional benefits
Basic ? An extra 5% bonus points added to Item Mall point purchases
Premium ? An extra 10% bonus points added to Item Mall point purchases
* Basic and Premium users will get an extra 5% and 10% bonus points respectively added to their account upon purchasing points for Item Mall purchases. These items in the Item Mall are designed to further enhance the Requiem experience and have special promotional items that are available for a limited time and that are accessible only from the Item mall.

At this point I think I will hold off and just go with the free one. There are still a great number of bugs and problems and most including myself do not feel the game is ready for launch. Plus I need to spend less time playing games and more time enjoying the beautiful summer weather here in Santa Barbara.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Originally posted by: M0oG0oGaiPan
is there a level cap for this game or is it a grind fest?

The cap is currently at 60 but I think they are going to increase it. And yeah it is a bit of a grind. Lot of walking but there may be mounts in the future. I have enjoyed playing it though. The DNA and Possession Beast systems are neat.