Bloodymare going open beta

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Registered. I'll download the client tonight. Thanks for the link, Modeps!

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: M0oG0oGaiPan
oooh. That is a terrible name. Looks pretty cool though. Thanks.

Have you tried it yet? Any opinions on it?

Nah, haven't tried it yet, and have no opinions to offer... other than I hate the name ;)

Originally posted by: Canai
Registered. I'll download the client tonight. Thanks for the link, Modeps!

no problem, glad to be of assistance :thumbsup:

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Bloodymare... srsly? That's what happens when you roll off the top bunk while having a nightmare.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
If anyone is having issues patching the client, here is what I used to fix it.

Nemuke's method(This method was thought of by Nemuke):
1.RTP file is at http://www.lmbos.net/requiem/00000031.RTP Download it and place it in the Gravity/Requiem/Patches folder.
2.Change proporties of 00000031.RTP to "read only".
3.Run patcher , after a while he will give you some error thah he can't download more or something, ignore it and press ok ;p.
4.Right after that our file 00000031.RTP will start to upacking ^^ wait for its end. After that patcher will tell u that you are fully updated ;p dont be fooled by that ;p he just unpacked one file, trun off updater.
5.Now turn on updater and it will update again ^^ there shouldn't be any problems becouse its not that big files.

If this doesn't work for you, Volomon suggests you do these 2 steps instead of the other 4 and 5.
4. DO NOT CLOSE, go back to the folder where you put 00000031.RTP, remove the read only option that you previously placed.
5. Now click FULL CHECK in the patcher. After it hits 100% it should be complete. Restart and do another check to make sure.

Samo's method:
1. place the RTP file downloaded in the patches folder without running any updater. RTP file is at http://www.lmbos.net/requiem/00000031.RTP
2. Edit version.dat and change the UserGameVersion=00000030; UserPatchVersion=00000030; to 31's. so it should look like this :
UserGameVersion=00000031;
UserPatchVersion=00000031;
3. save and open UPDATERUSA.exe
4. now it'll patch from 32 and up, then do a full check and it should work, good luck.

I was hoping to play it today after work but it looks like it wont be starting till 7pm PST, lame.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
That RTP patch site is down, no more patchy. I launch the game, and it shows a splash screen with what appears to be a progress bar... but the progress bar very quickly moves from 0% to 33% and back down to 0% (repeat ad naseum)

I guess I'll just go play GTA

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
I played for about 15 minutes last night (didn't have time for more) and it wasn't too bad. The lag was there, but wasn't bad at all considering how many people were there. I didn't get into it much but the graphics were ok, interesting monsters so far. UI could use some work with the inventory boxes though(Mythos was much better here). The process to get the game running was pretty ridiculous with the updates by hand, and I had to create my char twice, it froze the first time, but I will try it again today.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
This morning, I started up the launcher and it... APPEARED to be downloading when I left for work. We'll see what happens when I get home. If I've gotta jump through hoops, I wont bother playing.

Also, I read something interesting on the FAQ:
# Is the game free to play?

* The game is essentially free to play.
o A subscription fee for premium services will be available in the future live release of the game; however, paying for premium services is not mandatory.
o An item mall will be available for users to purchase equipment in the future.
o More information regarding these features will be available on the website or the Requiem: Bloodymare forums in the near furture.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I'm having too much of an issue just getting the game to run, I know its a beta, but I really cant be bothered. The launcher now just crashes when it appears to be downloading something.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Modeps
I'm having too much of an issue just getting the game to run, I know its a beta, but I really cant be bothered. The launcher now just crashes when it appears to be downloading something.

yeah the patching system is a major issue. I'm surprised there are so many people playing. Probably the most people ive seen on the screen at one time, but I never played Wow or anything, but I did play Eve with 100vs 100 battles. The servers are actually pretty good though, not much lag really. Lot of buggy graphics and I did get stuck in a cave once. And there are a few monsters that have no name. But it is a Beta after all.

Oh, and the quest descriptions suck ass. They say to find such and such here, but it isn't there, it is a two minute walk to the left or something. Lots of misleading quests that really frustrate me. And maybe it is just the beginning, but there is a lot of walking. I ended up putting a weight on the W key and just checking stats and shit while I walk for 5 mins.

Superrock

Oct 28, 2000
I could've sworn it was gonna be a korean or japanese developer. It looks like a cross between lineage 2 and ffxi.

Continuity28

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: sushicide
Oh man, it's not another one of those style-over-substance korean MMO is it?

I can't answer if it's style over substance, but it is Korean.

It's developed by Gravity, the same company that made Ragnarok Online.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

I have just downloaded the 2GB plus file to find out its corrupted,anyway reading their forums it seems to be a common issue and they recommend you use a bitorrent client to download the game.

My utorrent has been downloading the game now for 12 hours,ETA is another 8 hours or so.

Continuity28

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Mem

I have just downloaded the 2GB plus file to find out its corrupted,anyway reading their forums it seems to be a common issue and they recommend you use a bitorrent client to download the game.

My utorrent has been downloading the game now for 12 hours,ETA is another 8 hours or so.

I always choose torrent whenever there's an option (provided there's enough peers), since you're pretty much guaranteed an uncorrupted file in the end. :)

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

My utorrent download version was fine even with Vista x64,the game updated and next thing I know was in the game killing mobs.

I like the game so far but its early days yet.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Mem

My utorrent download version was fine even with Vista x64,the game updated and next thing I know was in the game killing mobs.

I like the game so far but its early days yet.

I just did the direct download... I'll try the torrent.

matas

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2005
tried one from fileshare I think and other from torrent, both are corrupted wth!!! I use win rar