Info Blood type related health risks

Jul 27, 2020

Most doctors don't even care what blood type their patients are so how would they advise them on how to live a healthier life and avoid these health risks?

Jul 27, 2020
Bone marrow transplant for the ridiculously rich. One more reason for most people to endure med school.

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
Blood type applies much less than genetics and likely less than where you live. The study indicated was an article, not the actual study, and there were no links in the story to the actual study.

Of interest is how they dealt with confounding factors like the ratio of blood type predominance in nature. i.e. A blood type is much more prevalent than O.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Blood type applies much less than genetics and likely less than where you live. The study indicated was an article, not the actual study, and there were no links in the story to the actual study.

Of interest is how they dealt with confounding factors like the ratio of blood type predominance in nature. i.e. A blood type is much more prevalent than O.
I am AB negative. How screwed am I?

Jul 27, 2020
I am AB negative. How screwed am I?
Only if you have an unhealthy lifestyle. As long as you give your body a vigorous workout at least once a day (preferably morning) and eat more natural foods like fruits and veggies than cooked foods, you are good. A 500mg Vitamin C tablet is also good. Only primates seem to be deficient in this vitamin. All other mammals produce vitamin C in their bodies. A goat, for example, may produce up to 13,000mg a day.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
O-pos usually has a plurality or actual majority of the population depending the ethnicity, and the A-pos comes second. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1203831/blood-type-distribution-us-by-ethnicity/

Asians have a lower threshold to reach a diabetic state, which is why only a BMI of 23 is needed to qualify for diabetes education. That number however...was likely chose with money in mind because many Asians stay just under that threshold when prediabetic, like my mother, who has an A1C of 6.1 but only maxed her BMI at 22.6. She's O-positive. It did take almost 65 years while on an Chinese diet+American sweets to get that far.

Wouldn't be surprised if sampling issues are prevalent in these matters. After all "science" thought it wise to irradiate the thymus gland because the cadavers used to study the gland came from people from the lower tiers of society and thus their gland size was in part due to environment making them larger.

People who go into science are not very creative. They are fact memorizers and rule enforcer who chose to go into the field for money. Most scientific fields have people who know studies but cannot grasp the level of variable disambiguation needed before leaping to conclusions and promoting protocols based on it.
In fact, out of the sciences, my opinion is economics is probably the best in training students in dealing with variables and each variables' effects, in part because public disasters forced the scientific discipline to analyze and explain the defective outcome, such as the Lucas critique. Medical and nutrition science on the other hand, does not induce the same outrage and the victims who do expire do not have the power to put pressure to fix the paradigm.

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
It did take almost 65 years while on an Chinese diet+American sweets to get that far.
If she lowers her fat consumption, she will get insulin sensitive in no time. Sweets have little to do with diabetes, unless they are fried/oily/fatty sweets.