Blockbuster Rant

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Bastards!

I got a letter in the mail saying I owe them $8.51 in late fee's. :|

Apparently when they say you have until Saturday @ midnight they actually mean Friday before 12AM and me turning it in before noon on that Saturday gets me charged more than I paid for the videos in the first place.

:disgust:

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i don't like their system of not tracking/no giving you a way to prove that you turned something in/when you turned it in

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
"Apparently when they say you have until Saturday @ midnight they actually mean Friday before 12AM and me turning it in before noon on that Saturday gets me charged more than I paid for the videos in the first place."

Well I know that Blockbuster hasn't allowed the midnight thing in a while. All their return times are before Noon on the due date.

It sucks that blockbuster gives you no way to prove jackcrap about when you actually returned a video

nater

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
yeah no offense, but since when do you have until midnight to turn your rentals in? It's been noon for a long time...as far as them telling you it's due on a different date than it actually was, tell them that, and they should let it slide. It's happened to me before

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Get netflix.

I've boycotted BB personally, and haven't stepped into a store in almost a year.
If more people would do so they'd fix their problems.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Blockbuster = teh sux0rs

I do all my movie renting at Hollywood Video.

I would too.. but all of the Hollywood's around here are constantly trashed out, and thier movie selection sucks.

CrackRabbit

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Kiyup
Get netflix.

I've boycotted BB personally, and haven't stepped into a store in almost a year.
If more people would do so they'd fix their problems.

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Blockbuster = teh sux0rs

I do all my movie renting at Hollywood Video.

I would too.. but all of the Hollywood's around here are constantly trashed out, and thier movie selection sucks.

CrackRabbit

really? ours is great... im often surprised at some of the older movies they have that other places like blockbuster doesnt carry.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: jumpr
Hollywood Video, for sure.

Do they create any type of bonus/free rentals the way Blockbuster does.

I know the blockbuster has become more competetive due to Hollywood; has Hollywood responded to the competition?