Blockbuster Game Freedom Pass $14.99. Unlimited Game Rental!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jetblade

Banned
Aug 21, 2003
Just wanted to update you guys. They let me use my Debit/Visa with no problem.

Adam8121, they have "bigger" blockbusters? :confused: I live in Dallas where there Corporate HQ are and I've never seen these "bigger" blockbusters you speak of.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Well, I just meant bigger compared to my smaller-than-normal local Blockbuster. There's a Blockbuster just a minute or so from my house that is in a quaint little "town center" thing downtown, and it doesn't have the selection of most Blockbuster's. But about 8 minutes from my house is a regular size Blockbuster, which to me is "bigger."
Oh, and whoever was saying that Blockbuster always seems to be out of the games you want, make sure you ask at the front counter if they have any back there. At my Blockbuster they always keep another copy of each game behind the counter for back up purposes, and there have been lots of times when it looks like the game I want is gone but I ask the employees and they give me the one behind the counter.

TrentSteel

Oct 9, 2003
Backlog? That's all they ever have at my Blockbuster locations. Of course they keep out the original cases of games just so you can see what you're missing out on, but it is very, very rare that you ever see a copy of a new game in stock (I am thinking here in particular about KOTOR and Crimson Skies, both of which are in circulation but neither of which I've actually seen on the shelf). And it's not as though they only have two or three copies of every game.

bman46

Nov 17, 2003
This is a great thing for people who rent a ton of video games. Especially since they are about $5 a piece to rent. Rent more then 3 games in a month and this pays for itself in no time!

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Yeah - I'm still on it - my local BB still has jack in stock - although for some reason they purchase 4 or 5 copies of Max Payne 2 - which isn't that great. It's like they'll stock one new game a week but occassionally they'll put up 5 of a single game.

Marauder-

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 1999
Oh - yeah - I did manage to find a much smaller BB that has probably the same number of titles available but since it's so small, they have almost all of those games in stock. 'll probably start heading out of my way to go to that one now instead.

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
oh yeah! i think Blockbuster gives you a $5 GC with this signup of the freedom pass too.. so brings it down to 9.99!

S13SilviaK

Jan 23, 2002
Well I've been using the freedom pass for almost 2 months now, and I have had zero problems (like with gamefly) I have even gone home and returned games the same day and I've never been questioned once.

At $20/mo it's the easiest and chepest solution for video gamers who play a lot of games or grow tired of games quickly.