Blizzcon 2018

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
And now Diablo time.

Did the Lead producer guy go through chemo?

New Diablo game, mobile action RPG. About to show a video.

Called Diablo Immortal.

Looks like a version of D3 ported to Mobile.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Change that, some stupid limit of only 2 videos per post so putting them up now.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Thanks for the feed. So far seems like nothing of interest to me (well, maybe the Warcraft 3 remaster, haven't played that in ages).

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Mildly happy about HOTS (I play it regularly). I wanted Imperius, oh well; maybe next year (chances are Orphea is the last new hero for 2018 indeed).

As for Diablo... I don't want to go there.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Their stream has been more borked than usual this year. After turning it off for awhile yesterday I wasn't able to watch anything else as I could only watch what was in progress but couldn't do so from the beginning. And now their VOD system as apposed to once upon a time where you could just go back and watch a the entire day of a certain stage is not actually loading any of the videos.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I was hoping there was more than just the app for Diablo. I'm not as angry as most, I pre-registered and I'll see if it holds my interest.

The WCIII remaster sounds awesome, though.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
WCIII remaster does sound awesome but look at that price though, $40 is way too high.
Edit: If the custom map scene for it revives... I'll buy it in a heartbeat lol.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
How so? Not that I even use a mobile device, but don't know what you're saying.

There's like 40k people here that don't care about it. The NA market does not care about mobile gaming . The crowd was clearly displeased and the Q&A was hostile. Someone legit asked if it was an out of season April fool's joke.as well as asking about a a PC release which got booed when the answer was no.

Having a mobile game makes sense it just should have not been announced at blizzcon. It should have been a gamescon/E3/chinajoy announcement

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Did feel like it went over about as well as when they said and bringing to Starcraft...deepmind.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
There's like 40k people here that don't care about it. The NA market does not care about mobile gaming . The crowd was clearly displeased and the Q&A was hostile. Someone legit asked if it was an out of season April fool's joke.as well as asking about a a PC release which got booed when the answer was no.

Having a mobile game makes sense it just should have not been announced at blizzcon. It should have been a gamescon/E3/chinajoy announcement

"Having a mobile game makes sense". That, alone, could be discussed for years.

Having a DIABLO mobile game seemingly taking precedence over anything for PC Diablo (D3 Expansion or new Act / D3 Class / D3 New Items / some sort of 'overhaul' of the game's systems / Diablo 4 / Diablo 2 Remaster) does NOT make "sense". It. Does. NOT. Make. "Sense". People didn't have enough seeing Command & Conquer go there? How much more bloodshed do we apparently want?

But whatever, Blizzard is going down the drains real hard. The only game now I can still enjoy enough to play it regularly is HOTS, albeit they do destroy a bunch of their heroes with stupid decisions and updates (and "reworks"); and the number of heroes I do like to play has been decreasing steadily since the past year. I went from playing a solid 30+ of them to staying with the same 10 or so now.

To me it feels like they're going out of their way to destroy at least one of their franchises because it's too tough for them to work on all of them at once (saying "too tough" for them is just a nicer way to say that they're just damn lazy to work on 'mega' projects). So let's throw Diablo in the garbage bin, let's welcome Destiny and Call of Duty on our launcher instead and let's remaster WC3 and ask $40 for it.

Makes sense

Reactions: DeathReborn

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
People have to remember that Blizzard is now a very large company and they honestly don't give a damn what the fans want. They only care about making a return for their investors to see and for that to happen, they must follow the current trends. They are still huge in China and the mobile gaming scene over there is ridiculous so it only makes sense that they are going to try to bring that to NA as well. Ever since Clash of Clans, the mobile scene has been a ridiculous cash cow and at the end of the day, investors only care about seeing their investment turn a profit. It sucks, but that's what happens when a beloved studio becomes part of a larger one or gets completely absorbed - quality gets thrown out of the window in lieu of the latest fad.

Reactions: Ns1

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
"Having a mobile game makes sense". That, alone, could be discussed for years.

Having a DIABLO mobile game seemingly taking precedence over anything for PC Diablo (D3 Expansion or new Act / D3 Class / D3 New Items / some sort of 'overhaul' of the game's systems / Diablo 4 / Diablo 2 Remaster) does NOT make "sense". It. Does. NOT. Make. "Sense". People didn't have enough seeing Command & Conquer go there? How much more bloodshed do we apparently want?

But whatever, Blizzard is going down the drains real hard. The only game now I can still enjoy enough to play it regularly is HOTS, albeit they do destroy a bunch of their heroes with stupid decisions and updates (and "reworks"); and the number of heroes I do like to play has been decreasing steadily since the past year. I went from playing a solid 30+ of them to staying with the same 10 or so now.

To me it feels like they're going out of their way to destroy at least one of their franchises because it's too tough for them to work on all of them at once (saying "too tough" for them is just a nicer way to say that they're just damn lazy to work on 'mega' projects). So let's throw Diablo in the garbage bin, let's welcome Destiny and Call of Duty on our launcher instead and let's remaster WC3 and ask $40 for it.

Makes sense

Except it does make sense, and you tried shoehorning the rest of the announcements as a rebuttal to someone that was just talking about the mobile game?

It makes financial sense for Blizzard. And before you go pulling something as you push out your next reply, remember that first & foremost they are a business. I hate micro-transactions, I only do light gaming on my phone, so I will likely try this game and then uninstall it, and then move on with my life because there are always other games to play. But this will make them a ton of money. And that's all there is to it.

I can agree that the announcement at Blizzcon was tonedeaf at best, and the reality is closer to slapping their most ardent fans in the face. But what Anubis said is correct.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Someone asked about microtrans in the q&a it will not be a major feature

Also they reiterated they have more then one diablo project in the works (Soon tm)

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
At the moment the announce trailer for diablo mobile is at 10k likes, 229k dislikes.
Blizzard has been spotted deleting comments and if i understand this correctly,removing dislikes from the video (100k it seems). Didnt know this was even possible.