Blizzcon 2016

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Argus will be in patch 7.3.

The WoW class mounts will have color effects based on your current spec.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Changes coming to WoW token to allow you to convert to bnet balance vice just subscription time to allow purchase of other services.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
7.2 raid armor will be inspired from Tier 6 armor sets. (Upgraded versions with new visual tech?!)

Artifacts weapons still scheduled to die with legion, but they are looking to allow legion players to unlock appearances at end of expansion for transmog.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Color me pleasantly surprised in regards to Diablo.

They actually announced some good stuff.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
How long till necro becomes available somewhat disappointing. Maybe due to reduction in D3 staff?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
7.2 raid armor will be inspired from Tier 6 armor sets. (Upgraded versions with new visual tech?!)

Artifacts weapons still scheduled to die with legion, but they are looking to allow legion players to unlock appearances at end of expansion for transmog.

Thanks for all the updates Lupi.

Sucks artifact weapons might die with Legion... they made them seem so epic and then they will be nothing? Kind of lame... they should figure out how to expand their power even more on next expansion.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
They started that last year to attempt and get through more questions.

I'm not sure if it really helps much. If they want to save time, they should just have people stop introducing themselves like we care who they are and what realm they're on. Although, announcing that you're from Moonguard means that I can just ignore your question (bunch of RP nerds), so that's probably not the worst thing. :p

Thanks for all the updates Lupi.

Sucks artifact weapons might die with Legion... they made them seem so epic and then they will be nothing? Kind of lame... they should figure out how to expand their power even more on next expansion.

I'm not surprised by this and I'm pretty sure Blizzard had already stated that they would only be for Legion. The artifact weapon traits are essentially Blizzard's Legion equivalent of WoD's Draenor-only leveling passives. The idea is that they can give you bonuses for a specific expansion and remove them afterward. The point there is that your character doesn't get infinitely more powerful (each expansion having added more and more power), which would require them to potentially squish numbers constantly. To be fair, each expansion will give you a boost over older content given that your level is higher.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I'm not sure if it really helps much. If they want to save time, they should just have people stop introducing themselves like we care who they are and what realm they're on. Although, announcing that you're from Moonguard means that I can just ignore your question (bunch of RP nerds), so that's probably not the worst thing. :p

I'm not surprised by this and I'm pretty sure Blizzard had already stated that they would only be for Legion. The artifact weapon traits are essentially Blizzard's Legion equivalent of WoD's Draenor-only leveling passives. The idea is that they can give you bonuses for a specific expansion and remove them afterward. The point there is that your character doesn't get infinitely more powerful (each expansion having added more and more power), which would require them to potentially squish numbers constantly. To be fair, each expansion will give you a boost over older content given that your level is higher.

I don't mind having to achieve different bonuses, I just liked the idea of building up a weapon vs trying to find a new one. Makes a lot of sense to me and I always thought this is the way gear should be.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
My only complaint about the current system is that I wish the points were pooled for all weapons. They touched on this during the Q&A, and they're right that it isn't too bad to level a new weapon once your artifact knowledge is high enough. For example, missions that reward artifact power usually give me 3k + 6k bonus, and I can usually get 80-100% chance at the bonus. The only thing is if you want to be able to really play two specs at once versus do a complete swap (e.g. my Death Knight with Frost and Blood). Although, it doesn't cost too much to get your first gold artifact trait.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I hate double posting, but I figured I'd add this as a separate discussion bit...

Overall, what did you guys think of the announcements at Blizzcon? I think the biggest thing that made it feel a bit dull was the complete lack of anything major being announced. We had a new Hearthstone expansion (almost expected at this point), Diablo remake and Necromancer in Diablo III (both had been rumored), Sombra in Overwatch (beat like a dead horse), and Google working with StarCraft II (cool for nerds, boring for most). World of WarCraft was pretty much non-existent in the opening ceremony with most of its tidbits being released during the proceeding panel.

Honestly, I think the most interesting thing is that most of the announced items are coming (in some form, usually PTR) very soon. Sombra is supposed to release on the PTR today, and I think most things are due next Tuesday. The only things that are a bit more nebulous are the Necromancer for Diablo III and the Overwatch League.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Adding a craft item storage tab in D3 to remove craft items from inventory space.

Adjusting Cube pane to enable filling cube recipe automatically with one button press.

Making the transmog for dyes more more user friendly and easier.

Not dying during a GRIFT will give an additional legendary gem roll.

Adding 2 new adventure zones to act 2. The shrouded moors. Temple of the Firstborn.

Designing new mobs for the new zones.

Revising mob spawn protocol for GRIFT to dramatically increase mob spawn rates in each zone.

Will be normalizing GRIFT zone size so you don't run across the occasional huge ones.

Adding safety range around GRIFT zone entrances.

Stealthed mobs won't take as long to reveal and attack.

Adjusting reflect affix for projectiles to actually bounce off the mob back in your direction, but this also makes it avoidable.\

Revising several legs to give them new abilities to increase their use in game.

Adding challenge rift gameplay.

Possibility of further added character classes.

Last edited: