blegh, this election is bad already

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Can we make it illegal to run misleading and outright negative campaign ads? I'm thinking something on the level of how attorneys are allowed to run advertisements along the requirements of the BAR. You run a crappy misleading ad, you get disbarred and go flip burgers at McDonalds. (not that is followed all the time either, but it offers some level of professionalism)

You endorse and run crappy campaign ads? Go flip burgers, you can't run for president.

I want more substance, not fluff. But I guess I'm not one of the 30-40% of American's gullible enough to believe everything I hear or see.

Want to know what I'm really dreading? State-wide elections in the next following session. Those are always twice as bad as the presidential elections.

Cue the advertisement...

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: mizzou
Can we make it illegal to run misleading and outright negative campaign ads?
Where will you find anyone with experience writing honest campaign ads?

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Originally posted by: mizzou
Can we make it illegal to run misleading and outright negative campaign ads?
Where will you find anyone with experience writing honest campaign ads?

Pay people wages and stop hiring volunteers ;)

EDIT(I don't really know what goes on with campaigning, I Just see the end results so I base that off of assumptions)

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
People don?t react to a political campaigns, they want mud slinging and world wrestling entertainment. Something they can process in a 10 second sound bite.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
I think there should be a minimum of five 3 hour debates while candidates are hooked up to lie detector tests and moderators with actual balls to call out the all to often 5 minute answers that don't actually answer the questions.