Blame Game continues.

imported_Shivetya

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2005
Inspector General John Helgerson's team concluded that Tenet and other top officials failed to use their authority effectively, didn't coordinate internally or with other agencies and missed opportunities to evaluate information on the Sept. 11 hijackers who attacked New York and the Pentagon near Washington.

Specifically they are zeroing in on Tenet.

The report looked at the events following the 1998 US embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. In the aftermath of those attacks - heavily linked to al-Qaida - Tenet "declared war" on the terrorist group saying that "no resource or people" should be spared.

Basically the CIA failed the American public and leadership by not doing what it claimed it was doing. It also was not providing accurate information as well. In other words, the CIA under Tenet was a failure, a group so out of focus they were not doing the job they were supposed to do and trying to cover up that fact. Well Congress called them out on it and forced an investigation into what happened.

To me its the old game of lieing so much you spend all your time in support of the lie. Eventually you might even begin to believe it

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Shivetya
To me its the old game of lieing so much you spend all your time in support of the lie. Eventually you might even begin to believe it
To me, it's just more of the same old obsession most Americans seem to have with The Blame Game. It has replaced baseball as the greatest American pasttime... and that's just sad.

Meanwhile, Tenet is sitting on a beach somewhere, sipping a mai-thai, and he's not worrying himself with the whiners and fools obsessed with finding someone in America to blame for 9/11. He knows, as I do, that the real blame lies thousands of miles away, in a cave... actually, many caves... and a few hundred extremist mosques!

bah...

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74
To me, it's just more of the same old obsession most Americans seem to have with The Blame Game. It has replaced baseball as the greatest American pasttime... and that's just sad.

Meanwhile, Tenet is sitting on a beach somewhere, sipping a mai-thai, and he's not worrying himself with the whiners and fools obsessed with finding someone in America to blame for 9/11. He knows, as I do, that the real blame lies thousands of miles away, in a cave... actually, many caves... and a few hundred extremist mosques!

bah...

So you're blaming Al Qaeda for failing to protect America:laugh:?

Let's be honest here. If I had a wife and kids and, G-d forbid, someone came into my home and hurt them, I would blame myself first and foremost, not the criminal. Of course, I'd go into survival mode and crush his skull, but then I'd apologize to my family for what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Narmer

bah...

Let's be honest here. If I had a wife and kids and, G-d forbid, someone came into my home and hurt them, I would blame myself first and foremost, not the criminal. Of course, I'd go into survival mode and crush his skull, but then I'd apologize to my family for what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.
I'd blame the criminal; and then I too would dedicate the rest of my life to destroying him and everyone he hangs out with who also wishes my family harm...and I wouldn't apologize to anyone.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

bah...

I'd blame the criminal; and then I too would dedicate the rest of my life to destroying him and everyone he hangs out with who also wishes my family harm...and I wouldn't apologize to anyone.

Yeah, real smart. Blaming the criminal for being a criminal:roll:. Tell me, if a snake bites you, are you going to blame him for hurting you as well? And you wouldn't apologize to your family for failing to protect them? I can see you're a real man:roll:.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Yeah, real smart. Blaming the criminal for being a criminal:roll:.
You're g'damn right I would blame the criminal for the crime itself, and for being a criminal in the first place!! It sure as hell isn't my damn fault that he/she is a fvcking violent scumbag.

Tell me, if a snake bites you, are you going to blame him for hurting you as well?
So you're comparing a human being, with a conscience, to a snake? You're going to compare a snake defending itself in the wild to a burglar breaking into your house and hurting your family?! Are you fvckin serious?

I sincerely hope that my sarcasm meter is broken; otherwise, you are a shining example of everything that is wrong with this country today (I'm not surprised)... You will constantly blame the victim, or yourself, rather than the perpetrators of the crimes themselves - and then you'll bend over backwards to apologize for things that weren't your fault in the first place. :roll:

You BAFers disgust me.

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
Yeah, real smart. Blaming the criminal for being a criminal:roll:.
You're g'damn right I would blame the criminal for the crime itself, and for being a criminal in the first place!! It sure as hell isn't my damn fault that he/she is a fvcking violent scumbag.

Tell me, if a snake bites you, are you going to blame him for hurting you as well?
So you're comparing a human being, with a conscience, to a snake? You're going to compare a snake defending itself in the wild to a burglar breaking into your house and hurting your family?! Are you fvckin serious?

I sincerely hope that my sarcasm metere is broken; otherwise, you are a shining example of everything that is wrong with this country today. You will constantly blame the victims, or yourselves, rather than the perpetrators of the crimes themselves - and then you'll apologize for things that weren't your fault in the first place.

You BAFers disgust me.

It's obviously society's fault for allowing the criminal to exist. Trying to stop him from committing crimes would be unethical and an infringement on his right to pursue happiness.

I hope Narmer wouldn't blame me for putting a sabot slut through the criminal's head. After all, it's like blaming a snake for biting you.