Blackberry Storm, HTC Ozone, or HTC Touch pro?

AmongthechosenX

Aug 10, 2008
So right now I'm stuck between these three phones.

There are NO other options.

I'm a heavy texter, and occassionally browse the web on my phone. most of the time i am doing facebook, but then again thats because i've been limited to a Motorola Q for my data usage.
Also, I'd like to be able to use youtube, and I heard the HTC Touch pro on Verizon can't do this. is that true?

What phone would you pick? Price is not a problem as they are all $100 or under.

so PICK ONE FOR ME!

1. BLACKBERRY STORM
2. HTC OZONE
3. HTC TOUCH PRO (also, i am aware that VZ gimped the memory on this phone).

Cell phone'd.

ATOT Moderator ElFenix

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
Don't get Storm until the second gen comes out - this current one is horrible based on what most people say.
My wife got a Tour, and as far as BBerries go, it's awesome.

Can't say anything about Touch.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
It'd be cool if we had a forum specifically for these kinds of topics. In any case get the Tour.

jme5343

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
I have the touch pro and I really like it. That's all I can offer :)

edit: I'm not on Verizon, but I do have a youtube player that came standard along w/ 4gb. I have a 16gb minisd w/ all my movies on it...I watch them while on flights.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: paulney
Don't get Storm until the second gen comes out - this current one is horrible based on what most people say.
My wife got a Tour, and as far as BBerries go, it's awesome.

Can't say anything about Touch.

I have a Storm and it's not too bad but it is my first smartphone. It can be kinda frustrating sometimes when it locks up or doesn't respond quickly.

Krynj

Platinum Member
Jun 21, 2006
Sucks that the Tour is out of the option, as it's better than your 3 picks/options. Why is the Tour out of the question?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
and you absolutely-positively have to upgrade tonight? its just that the touch pro 2 is rumored to be exactly 2 weeks away and the omnia 2 is also coming out soon...

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
I have the BB storm and I recommend waiting for the second one. they are fixing a lot of things on it and making it much better

AmongthechosenX

Aug 10, 2008
Tour is too much money for what I need. I don't need to spend $200 on the phone when I can get the curve for $50. at that, I don't even like those blackberry's at all to be honest.

I really don't want to wait any more. How much better can the touch pro 2 be?

And I'm not interested in the Omnia 2 unless they really speed up the phone itself.

I wanted a hardware keyboard but I was considering just giving that up to get the storm. if the storm sucks, then i'll pass.

Also, yes I've been waiting to upgrade for a month now, and the bill finally got paid, so i have a chance to do it. My chocolate doesn't even have a working send button I can't even do a *228 to do a PRL update.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: AmongthechosenX
Tour is too much money for what I need. I don't need to spend $200 on the phone when I can get the curve for $50. at that, I don't even like those blackberry's at all to be honest.

I really don't want to wait any more. How much better can the touch pro 2 be?

And I'm not interested in the Omnia 2 unless they really speed up the phone itself.

I wanted a hardware keyboard but I was considering just giving that up to get the storm. if the storm sucks, then i'll pass.

Also, yes I've been waiting to upgrade for a month now, and the bill finally got paid, so i have a chance to do it. My chocolate doesn't even have a working send button I can't even do a *228 to do a PRL update.

Pro is fine as it is. I'm getting one for my brother.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
The Touch Pro 2 is that much better than the old one. Trust me, I've had some time with it already. Ozone is ok but expensive for what it is. The Tour is only $50 more than the Ozone and better in every way. Storm like everyone says still needs some work.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Every week that passes that I have my Touch Pro (I got it through insurance after my 6800 broke) I hate it. The phone itself (interface, functionality) is pretty solid, but the thing is SO DAMN SLOW! The custom HTC software for managing the phone's features is really nice (plus their little tweaks to WM 6.0) and some of the lingering bluetooth issues have been worked out (I can turn Bluethooth on the phone then turn on my Jawbone and within seconds they're talking), but it's constantly lagging to the point of driving me insane. If I have to take this much longer I'm going to have to get a Tour.

AmongthechosenX

Aug 10, 2008
Originally posted by: zerocool84
The Touch Pro 2 is that much better than the old one. Trust me, I've had some time with it already. Ozone is ok but expensive for what it is. The Tour is only $50 more than the Ozone and better in every way. Storm like everyone says still needs some work.

Uh, hello? the Ozone is $50, not $150...

Storm looks like its out of the question then... I knew I'd run into that problem. the browser is what gets me, but then again the touch pro can be modded with custom ROM's and windows mobile 6.5, so thats probably a sweet option to take.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

Storm looks like its out of the question then... I knew I'd run into that problem. the browser is what gets me, but then again the touch pro can be modded with custom ROM's and windows mobile 6.5, so thats probably a sweet option to take.

Doh I was looking at the Sprint price.

AmongthechosenX

Aug 10, 2008

Doh I was looking at the Sprint price.

haha yes sprint is ripping people off for that phone. trust me if i was spending that much i'd be getting something else lolol

Um, as far as waiting for the touch pro 2, those phones are going to be WAY to expensive for a LONG time now. Its probably not best i wait to be honest... :/

Best options are either the Ozone, or the Touch pro with a modded ROM...

Otherwise, i literally have no other options. The ozone is fine all the way around, but I'm such a perfectionist that i always think theres gotta be something better...

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
A friend has the Touch Pro and it's niiiiiice. He's on the remnants of Alltel though, so I couldn't tell you what apps Verizon let's on.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Damnit..I wish we had a "Gear, Gadgets, and Phones" forum..

the problem with shit like that is that its a slow forum sometimes, i cant blame him for posting here as long as the mods leave the thread alone

darkshadow1

Nov 2, 2000
Even the Omnia can be sped up using a custom ROM...the Omnia 2 is rumored to come out on 8/23. TP2 is out on t-mobile already, so you can check that out to see if it'll be any better (seems like it)

AmongthechosenX

Aug 10, 2008
Originally posted by: darkshadow1
Even the Omnia can be sped up using a custom ROM...the Omnia 2 is rumored to come out on 8/23. TP2 is out on t-mobile already, so you can check that out to see if it'll be any better (seems like it)

well the thing is i dont doubt for one second that its a better phone (it probably kicks its ass)

but uh, the price, with a 2 YEAR CONTRACT for the TP2 is a startling $349.99 :eek:

Thats just WAY too much