black/white parents

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
I've seen kids with black and white parents...and all the ones I've seen have dark skin. is that, black skin, a dominant trait or are there mixed kids with white skin?

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
usually dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes are the dominant trait, but it also depends on which parent has the dominant genes, for example:

my dad has really dark skin and dark hair, my mom is blonde/green eyes, as well as all her family members, all of my parents kids came out with different skin colors, me being the whites, and my youngest sister being the darkest, so its a toss up :)

my dad claims i dont belong to him :--)

he is playing ofcourse.

dam()

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
usualy the men have the dominant gene in male offspring and viceversa so if a balck man and a white woman had a boy that child would likley be dark skinned and if the had a girl she would likley be light skinned with kinky hair i don't know why but that hair gene is strong.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Hmmmmm.

My grandfather was 1/8 black and inherited darker skin (kind of cafe au lait) and kinky hair. Three of his kids have darker skin (like a perpetual tan), one has whiter.

I inherited the darker skin, but I also got green eyes from the 'whiter' Spanish side. My two sisters are actually fair skinned (that white Spanish showing up) and my brother is more olive like me.

2 of my kids, who are 1/2 British descent, have my dark skin. They look tan and never go out in the sun... but one has a much fairer complexion.

You never really know when a trait might pop up.... I guess the conditions have to be just right!

Ne0

Golden Member
Nov 4, 1999
Mariah Carey(Black Father/White mother) seems to look more hispanic/white than black. I never knew she was half black until I saw her on Oprah.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
My father was racially mixed, and had tan-coloured skin, kinky black hair, dark eyes, and much resembled Julian Bond. My mother is a fair-skinned, brown-eyed, redheaded Jewish lady. Both my sister and my late brother got the dark skin, black hair, and dark eyes, and an overall appearance of mixed racial heritage. But genetic roulette gave me curly red hair, extremely pale skin, and green eyes. Nobody knows where the green eyes came from. My tip-tilted nose is a mystery, too. My theory is that there were some elves in the woodpile somewhere.