Black Screen need help and ideas.

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
HELP! I am on my 3rd EVGA GTX 2080 TI XC Black edition due to black screens on the monitor.

First EVGA has been fabulous with their RMA procedure. I received my last 2080 TI Black 2 days ago and it booted up fine and ran but after I shut it down, the card ran but I had another black screen.
Second my specs:
mb Asrock Z390 Taichi
cpu Intel 9900k
cooler NZXT Kraken X72
gpu EVGA GTX 2080 TI XC Black
ram 2 8G Gskill Flare X DDR4-3200 ram chips
ssds Corsair MP500 Nvme 480 G for OS
SanDisk Ultra 960G
psu Brand new EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
case Thermaltake V51
OS Windows 10 Home with latest updates
Mon. Acer ET430k

I have re-installed Windows at least 3 times. When I use my Radeon VII gpu it works perfect. Windows comes right up to my log in. I can't get my 2080ti to go into windows. I see the boot up and can get into the BIOS. In fact when I used DDU to uninstall all of the Nvidia drivers, I can get into windows but if I try to install The Nvidia drivers it goes black. I have used HDMI cables, DisplayPort cables etc without any luck.

From what I read there may be a bug in 1809 version of Win10. The May updates didn't help.
I'm sitting here looking at a gpu over a thousand dollars that can't get me into windows.

Is this a problem between Nvidia and Microsoft?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I'll "soldier on" with my AMD Radeon VII.

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
Does this occur when using a different monitor or TV?

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
I skimmed the Nvidia forums thread about the black screen issue and Windows 1809.
There was also a benq thread on Nvidia forums linking to an old hotfix:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4758

How many different drivers have you tried? I'd probably download all of them for RTX and use DDU (which you have used quite a bit at this point). This may turn out fruitless.

One idea I have is to set up Windows to log in automatically. If you have a laptop or something see if you can remote into your pc and edit your resolution and/or refresh rate until your monitor connects.

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
EVGA technical support has been great!
The card is going back for testing.