Black Ops 2 epic system requirements + DX11

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
If it sells then they will keep doing it. A yearly cycle of releasing the same game with DLC level changes all at full price seems to work in terms of mass market sales.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
This will make the second game of the CoD series....that I wont be buying.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
Oh hey look, the yearly release of DLC in the Call of Duty series.

I grew tired of this a long time ago.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Same bloody engine but higher requirements? Sounds like they're not even going to try and optimize it anymore. People will be lucky to boot this thing at all.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
The fact that this business model works so well for them really says a lot about the average gamer. Last game i bought was MW2. So I own COD4, World at War, and MW2. I knew I was pushing my luck with MW2. Can't see myself buying another COD game until they do something different.

dagamer34

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2005
I don't know what's worse, Call of Duty not improving, or people expecting Call of Duty to improve when most of the time and energy is spent on the console versions who's hardware hasn't magically changed since last year...

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
bought MW2 (PC / Console) BLOPS ( PC / Console ) MW3 ( Console)

Got my entertainment value at least lol

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
Now, for most games, a higher system requirement would mean improved graphics, new technology, and developments in the engine. For COD however, it means they spent even less time and effort porting it over.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
A Core2Duo and 1 8800GT?!? MY 2 GTX 460 1GB are over 2 years old yet there still isn't any game's minimum system requirements that call for an i5 2500K and a GTX 460 1GB. It looks like I won't be upgrading my GPUs till the new XBox 720 comes out.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
8800GT, isn't that around what Crysis 2 and BF3 use for their minimum? No way they've created an engine that good, they've probably just increased requirements without increasing graphics.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
A Core2Duo and 1 8800GT?!? MY 2 GTX 460 1GB are over 2 years old yet there still isn't any game's minimum system requirements that call for an i5 2500K and a GTX 460 1GB. It looks like I won't be upgrading my GPUs till the new XBox 720 comes out.

Dishonored's minimum requirements actually do call for a 460 GTX minimum, though I'm pretty sure that's an error since the recommended requirement is the same.

I'm not too cynical about Call of Duty, spec-wise. Glad to see they're finally jumping on the DirectX 11 boat. I am cynical about the gameplay though.

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
The COD stagnation machine is bad for the whole industry. Its just good for COD developers and publishers.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

Same here. I can't for the life of me figure why people still buy these games. They are nothing more than huge cheatfests online and I'm too old to have enough friends to play private games with.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Same here. I can't for the life of me figure why people still buy these games. They are nothing more than huge cheatfests online and I'm too old to have enough friends to play private games with.

I buy them for their minimal single player storyline, but that's why I wait till they're $15 or less.

Aug 11, 2008
I buy them for their minimal single player storyline, but that's why I wait till they're $15 or less.

Most people think I am crazy, but I buy them for single player also. Cant see paying full price for any more of them. COD 4 was the last really good game of the series IMO. MW2 I absolutely hated for the crazy, over the top storyline. MW3 was ok as a closing game to the storyline.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I like trearch now a lot more than Infinity Ward. More than 6 players per team, less lag penalty, and consistent hit boxes. I wonder if they bring matchmaker over considering how DLC seems limited usage on dedicated servers. COD just gets worse with every iteration of game in terms of graphics. MW2 looks like mud and I usually got shot dead because I couldn't tell between grass and a player in the prone position. Look at how they brought back the map "Terminal" so easily from MW2. It looks exactly the same.....

Last edited:

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Oh hey look, the yearly release of DLC in the Call of Duty series.

I grew tired of this a long time ago.

I haven't bought since MW2.

Not sure about current ones, but I was always satisfied with the single player campaigns - they were entertaining. And the multiplayer was fun competition.
But then, I started feeling like each new game really should just be an expansion. Not much changing, everything feeling the same, and the Engine isn't even getting massive overhauls.

I guess if you want your FPS to be like sports titles - yearly releases, slightly updated graphics (if much at all), minor changes (instead of rosters, you might get different weapons and character models ;)), but the mechanics and feel essentially stay the same. But I wasn't falling for that (much like I don't buy into sports titles yearly - I'll buy MLB The Show every other year, maybe), so I gave up.

I got sucked back into Battlefield with BC2 when there was a good sale and a buddy was engrossed into it. Haven't looked back since.

Though I may, just may, pick up MOH: Warfighter. I'll wait for reviews and opinions though. Even if it feels exactly like COD, at least it'll have a new engine. And I don't expect EA to turn MOH into an annual property - I'm betting on a semi-annual release, alternating the annual EA Autumn FPS Title between MOH and BF.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I never bought any of the new COD games....Oddly enough I'm tempted to buy BO2, but if I do I won't be able to get Far Cry 3 for a while and I already have plenty to game on with MOHWF, so I'm pretty undecisive

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
The sad thing is that I'm tempted buy buy BLOPS 2 simply because I know it will be mediocre instead of just crap like the rest of the games released recently...

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
The sad thing is that I'm tempted buy buy BLOPS 2 simply because I know it will be mediocre instead of just crap like the rest of the games released recently...
Most Recent game to be released? Like what? What game has dissapointed you recently?

Last edited:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
hey, a new CoD game, same old comments.

we got it when MW2 was released, we got it when Black ops was released, we got it when MW3 was released, and now we get it for Black Ops 2...WE GET IT!

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
The screenshots I've seen for BLOPS 2 certainly look like they've improved the graphics to me. I skipped MW3 becuase it looked idedntical to MW2, and when I played it on the free weekends, it essenitally was. I did however just pre-order/load BLOPS 2, from the footage I've seen it looks different enough.

While I agree there aren't huge differences since MW2's release, the bottom line for me is that the games are still fun to play and unfortunatly, when a new one releases, the previous one ends up being a ghost town.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
The screenshots I've seen for BLOPS 2 certainly look like they've improved the graphics to me. I skipped MW3 becuase it looked idedntical to MW2, and when I played it on the free weekends, it essenitally was. I did however just pre-order/load BLOPS 2, from the footage I've seen it looks different enough.

While I agree there aren't huge differences since MW2's release, the bottom line for me is that the games are still fun to play and unfortunatly, when a new one releases, the previous one ends up being a ghost town.
The Screenshots? Where you being at? They have full gameplay video in HD on youtube. And I just noticed we have almost the same built! lol