Black National Anthem? WTH?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MadRat
For crying out loud. People crying about a person's creative moment. One should be jailed for such thoughts.

You advocate thought Police? Nice...

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
i wanna know who the moron is who was standing behind her with his hand over his heart while she sang that shit.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Skitzer
Hmmmm ..... Black National Anthem, first time I have ever heard of it. Why do you suppose that is?
In my mind there is only one National Anthem and one America. I think President Roosevelt said it best:

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

In my opinion the above says it all.

i am on the fence on who to vote for. but if either candidate utter similar words they would get my vote period. its a shame that neither will and for the political people in office who do have a view like this are shunned and not taken seriously. its a shame.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: Skitzer
Hmmmm ..... Black National Anthem, first time I have ever heard of it. Why do you suppose that is?
In my mind there is only one National Anthem and one America. I think President Roosevelt said it best:

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

In my opinion the above says it all.

i am on the fence on who to vote for. but if either candidate utter similar words they would get my vote period. its a shame that neither will and for the political people in office who do have a view like this are shunned and not taken seriously. its a shame.

QFT x eleventy beeellion

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: lupi
For crying out loud. People crying about a person's creative moment. One should be jailed for such thoughts.

Yeah, and if anyone thinks that this was done just for creative thought they should be jailed for being complete idiots.
If being an idiot was a crime that last post of yours would be your third strike.

There you are ladies and gentlemen, the man always bringing something to the table.

Just ignore the fact that the next pertinent one will be the first one.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

It was not her moment. She was asked by officials to do a task and she failed.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Yeah, and if anyone thinks that this was done just for creative thought they should be jailed for being complete idiots.
If being an idiot was a crime that last post of yours would be your third strike.

There you are ladies and gentlemen, the man always bringing something to the table.
:thumbsup:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: BoberFett

It was not her moment. She was asked by officials to do a task and she failed.

Combined with knowing it's political significance with respect to what she was supposed to do and not telling anyone other than her husband and "mentor" before doing so, she had already gone through the right/wrong discussion and knew she was taking the wrong path.