Black Myth: Wukong - interesting game in development from China

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
This game is based on the Chinese Monkey King myth which has been done about a million times already, but I don't think there is a modern adaptation in video games (I could be wrong). The story itself is pretty cool/fun (shape shifting monk(?) with super strength, speed and magic like abilities), IMO it would make a great game.

The gameplay looks very good. No idea if it will see a Western release, but considering western sites like IGN are covering it I would guess so. Maybe Epic store exclusive considering the Chinese money invested in Epic.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Looks pretty interesting and not like anything I played recently.

I saw a Chinese city builder game the other day that also looked different from the norm.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I watched a bit of the gameplay, and it certainly seems interesting. But I guess I'm not sure what the objectives are or what sort of gameplay loop we'll have.

Looks pretty interesting and not like anything I played recently.

I saw a Chinese city builder game the other day that also looked different from the norm.

I've been seeing some interesting games coming out of China lately. I made a thread on Gunfire Reborn recently, and I'm pretty sure that game is being developed in China. Although, speaking of that game, it has a lot of Japanese influence in its monsters and such... but maybe that's more about the shared culture between a few of the Asian states.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I watched a bit of the gameplay, and it certainly seems interesting. But I guess I'm not sure what the objectives are or what sort of gameplay loop we'll have.

I've been seeing some interesting games coming out of China lately. I made a thread on Gunfire Reborn recently, and I'm pretty sure that game is being developed in China. Although, speaking of that game, it has a lot of Japanese influence in its monsters and such... but maybe that's more about the shared culture between a few of the Asian states.

Can you share the link on that site?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Can you share the link on that site?

Do you mean a link to my thread on Gunfire Reborn? You can see that here. It is a little bit out of date by this point as they've added a new character to play as since I posted that update as well as a new difficulty level.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Do you mean a link to my thread on Gunfire Reborn? You can see that here. It is a little bit out of date by this point as they've added a new character to play as since I posted that update as well as a new difficulty level.

Ah my bad, I thought Gunfire Reborn was another forum, I had no idea it was a game :)

That game has really beautiful art like graphics and the gameplay is obviously pretty unique. I'll have to check it out more.