Black Friday Builds - Best Gaming PC for $1500

jsimenhoff

Administrator
Jun 27, 2016
Looking to stuff your stockings with some AnandTech swag? Well look no further! We're asking you to come up with the best builds you can using Black Friday and Cyber Week exclusive deals.To sweeten the deal we'll be offering AnandTech screwdrivers and AnandTech polos for each submission.This thread will be open until Tuesday, November 29th, so be sure to submit your Black Friday Build by then.

Also, be sure to sign up for our Purch Perks program. Purch Perks is a new cashback program we have available for free for all AnandTech readers. You all will likely be most interested in our 2.25% cash back offer on all Newegg purchases. Your cash is sent to you via mail or direct deposit every 90 days, so there is very minimal effort on your end. If you're in the market for a rig or even looking upgrade one or a few components, you should definitely look into this as the cash back offers can stack with any other super sales or Black Friday specials. Take a look.

For this thread we're looking for the best Gaming PC at $1,500. The title is fairly self explanatory. The beefier the components, the better.

Here are the ground rules:

• Do not go over budget.
  • Use only Amazon OR Newegg to source parts.
  • Do not include shipping or tax in your final budget.
  • Do not include the Operating System, Keyboard, or Mouse
  • Do not put your forum handle in the name of your build, and avoid odd capitalizations & symbols.
  • Provide links to the Amazon or Newegg product pages of each component — we encourage users to use PCPartPicker's System Build for speedy construction. Do not post a link to your build, but rather please be sure to export as BBCode for a quick copy/paste to the forums.

Please be sure to format your list of components as follows:

Build Name
Good luck! Now go find some deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice89

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I believe you meant to say the 29th on these stickies instead of the 9th like they all say.

Nunya

Sep 19, 2001
The Purch Perks link pulls it up for Tom's Hardware. Is that intentional, or should it be AT?

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
I'm interested in a build like this now...I guess people waiting until tomorrow to post?

hicksjd9

Dec 14, 2012
Great Overclocker--Quiet, Cool, Powerful
Total $1494.95. There are quite a few rebates that I did not factor into the pricing.

If you want more storage, you can buy a Hyper 212 instead of the H100 to save $80. That $80 combined with the $6 left over from the build can be used to buy a 3 TB hard drive. This build puts your money right where it needs to go--performance. The 600 watt EVGA power supply will do the trick. No need to go bigger unless you want to SLI later. The Crucial is fast and now they have software to rival Samsung Magician.

Last edited:

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Total $1494.95. There are quite a few rebates that I did not factor into the pricing.

If you want more storage, you can buy a Hyper 212 instead of the H100 to save $80. That $80 combined with the $6 left over from the build can be used to buy a 3 TB hard drive. This build puts your money right where it needs to go--performance. The 600 watt EVGA power supply will do the trick. No need to go bigger unless you want to SLI later. The Crucial is fast and now they have software to rival Samsung Magician.

Thanks. That's a Gigabyte mobo, not an Asus. Otherwise looks pretty good.

EDT: Ram is back to $106.99 and GPU is back to $729.99.

hicksjd9

Dec 14, 2012
Thanks. That's a Gigabyte mobo, not an Asus. Otherwise looks pretty good.

EDT: Ram is back to $106.99 and GPU is back to $729.99.

Thank you for the correction! All fixed now. IMO Gigabyte is better anyway so that works out! Not sure what happened. I think the original board I was looking at for this was an ASUS.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
You can save a little bit on that build if you (for example) buy the mb and cpu at microcenter (cpu+mb is $400) but this is in-store. The price exclude tax but then again if I buy things on amazon I have to pay taxes.
-
With the savings I would up the psu to a gold or platinum and replace the cooler with a noctua cooler.