Bittorrent sucks

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
First off, BitTorrent never goes quick enough for me. I consider it a wonderful wonderful day if I get 30kb/sec, and I'm thankful for 20kb/sec. Oh, right, and people who don't share. It's not uncommon, really, and it blows. Oh, right, and trackers that decide to go down, or glitch, or whatever. Right, and the fact that in every bit of software, everything you're sharing takes up another chunk of RAM.

Kazaa's system is so much better, but then again, Kazaa blows nowadays. DC++ is great too. WTF is up with Bittorrent? :|

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
That's what happens when you apply a great technology to an impractical use.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
It usually takes a little while for BT to "ramp up" when I use it, but it usually gets going pretty fast. I was downloading this weeks Naruto at over 300 KB/s last night using BT [edit] Far more than I ever got using Kazaa or any of the P2P services.

MrScott81

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
i was just about to post a thread on BT today too...but I was gonna say how much I like it...I just use it to download TV shows...is that legal? not sure.

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
you are crazy... I downloaded a few tv shows yesterday and got over 200k on both at the same time.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: scottdog81
i was just about to post a thread on BT today too...but I was gonna say how much I like it...I just use it to download TV shows...is that legal? not sure.

no its not

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001

No, it's not. But who really gives a sh*t? I doubt anyone is coming to get you for downloading last night's CSI.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: jurzdevil
Originally posted by: minendo
I hate it when stealing isn't fast enough.

its like shoplifting on crutches

LMOA, great analogy. To make it complete though, it's like there are 500 people on crutches robbing the store while the 80-year old security guard watches on helplessly. In any case,I think you're client isn't configured correctly, or you're trying to get really old torrents becayse BT works just fine for me when I'm grabbing Top Gear episodes