Bishop who sheltered molesting priests now hit-and-run killer

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Is he on the 'Thre Strikes - You're Out' program?

Yea, I bet this is only his 2nd strike. Everyone is going to forgive him!

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Why don't they just force them to hand over the papers that will supposedly convict these preists? I can't believe how they think they are above the law, but if it were your average Joe the police would be all over them in a heartbeat.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Ok I will refrain from comment on this since I'm still not sure I can comment rationally on any matter relating to the Catholic Church (kill all the Catholic Priests and let God sort them out).

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
there is not a probelm with pedophile priests in the catholic religion, that is as unlikely as Iraq having WMD, whoever heard of such utter nonsense, it's ridiculous already.....

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
The victim was identified as 43-year-old Jim Reed. Williams said the bishop had told police he was returning home after a Mass on Saturday night. Police had no information on the second car.

Maybe he was just killing a former molested altar boy to save face?

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
there is not a probelm with pedophile priests in the catholic religion, that is as unlikely as Iraq having WMD, whoever heard of such utter nonsense, it's ridiculous already.....
So this whole thing is a fabrication of the media because they all hate the Catholic church, or am I misunderstanding you?

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
If he's guilty they should throw the book at him. The Bible and the Law Book. I'd be outraged if I was catholic, instead I am just disgusted. We are still animals and sexuality is part of that, when it is suppressed, self-invoked or otherwise, it becomes a beast and nothing can hold it down. I don't think all or even most catholic priests are molesters, but a good deal of them obviously can't handle celibacy. I've heard of the same occuring among celibate monks in China. According to a Chinese-American Philosophy teacher of mine some researchers tested monasterys for STD's and found the majority of them carrying and spreading something amongst eachother. The worst of it is that in many cases they found the elders to be "teaching" the youngest as they entered the monastery. :Q