Or----Buscuits and GOOD country sausage gravy. Ymmmmmmmm:p

HorB

Mar 27, 2000
dry wheat toast with which to soak up the yolk from eggs over easy
(but not very often)

Crysla

Banned
Jan 26, 2000
Biscuits...and Tripleshot....I make mouth watering Country Sausage Gravy to drown the biscuits in.:)

Princess;)

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Well, whilst I like toast, toast takes effort. Biscuits are easy :)

Where I come from, biscuits are anything but easy; snow patrol is probably thinking of the British "biscuits," which are what Americans would call crackers or cookies. The closest thing the Brits have to an American "biscuit" is probably a scone.

There are few things as heavenly tasting as fresh, hot, homemade biscuits with butter and honey. The southern dish of buttermilk biscuits with sausage gravy is wonderful, too. Cholesterol be damned!

My great-great grandmother, Myrtle Archer, was born a slave in Georgia.
This is her unbeatable recipe for biscuits:

2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons lard or bacon drippings
3/4 cup buttermilk

Sift the dry ingredients; blend in the lard very lightly with fingers. Have the buttermilk as cold as possible; mix with flour to form a soft dough. Mix with a flexible knife or spatula rather than a spoon: the steel blade is colder than a spoon, and also a knife cuts and mixes more thoroughly. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured board; pat to 3/4" thick. Cut into rounds; put the biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet, being sure they do not touch. Bake in a moderately hot oven (425 degrees) for 12 to 14 minutes.

Hints for the best biscuits:
  • Cold, moist dough, so soft as to be almost sticky.
  • Minimal handling (manipulation destroys the lightness and makes biscuits tough.)
  • Biscuits should not be allowed to touch each other in the pan.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Biscuits are good! Especially when warm! I have plenty of milk around though for sometimes I tend to pop those things in my mouth all at once. Well maybe two bites... ;)

Toast seems to plain for me. Toast this and toast that. But french toast is a different story... :)

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Well, you?ve got me there wombatwoman (again!). I was, of course talking about British biscuits, such as the good old ?chocolate digestive? ? and the reason they?re easy is because they come in packets, which require little effort to open ;)

There?s nothing like a nice cup of tea and a few choccy digestives ? the perfect dunking combination :)

I shall have to try that recipie ? though it will take some effort, it appears as though it could be worth it :D

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< country sausage gravy. >>

I think you mean S.O.S. -- it's pretty self-explanatory.