Birther army officer court marshalled for refusing to deploy to Afghanistan

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
So this army Lt. Colonel is refusing orders to deploy because he believes the orders are illegal since, according to him, Obama was not born in the U.S.

This reminds me that irrational beliefs are not all just play acting, rhetoric, fun and games for the internet. Sometimes people make serious real life decisions based on them. This guy is getting court martialled and may get dishonorably discharged for refusing to follow orders.

Thoughts?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/04/13/2267021.aspx

- wolf

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Well, at least he's expressing his mental delusions in ways other than shooting a bunch of people on base or something.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
So this army Lt. Colonel is refusing orders to deploy because he believes the orders are illegal since, according to him, Obama was not born in the U.S.

This reminds me that irrational beliefs are not all just play acting, rhetoric, fun and games for the internet. Sometimes people make serious real life decisions based on them. This guy is getting court martialled and may get dishonorably discharged for refusing to follow orders.

Thoughts?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/04/13/2267021.aspx

- wolf

As well he should.

/end thread.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
The Afghanistan campaign was started under Bush, so this doesn't really make sense.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
He's a coward.

/thread

Maybe he wants to get out of the army sooner so he can start a more lucrative private medical practice? Honestly, I'd rather think that than think he is actually trashing his career because he believes in something that is the epistemological equivalent of believing in visitations by ET.

- wolf

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Can't they make a fun example out of him? Bust him down to private and give him lavatory cleaning duties?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
He is not the first soldier to refuse to obey an order and he will get court marshalled which is what usually happens in these cases.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
The amusing thing is that McCain was definitely born outside the USA, so no matter what the outcome of 2008, this guy's situation (though probably not his reaction) would have been the same.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The amusing thing is that McCain was definitely born outside the USA, so no matter what the outcome of 2008, this guy's situation (though probably not his reaction) would have been the same.

Both sides have their extremists. This guy wants to be a martyr. So be it. This can be punished by imprisonment. Maybe he can be a hero to those behind bars.

Nuts grow on both the Left and Right side of the tree. :D

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well he could probably resign and just lose his retirement, or spend some time at Fort Leavenworth. It would make more sense if he said that there was no state of war and he refuses to defend the poppy fields. I have no wish to defend a Muslim State with the blood of Americans. Maybe we can attack militant training camps but it is not worth trying to fix everything in Afghanistan or Iraq. We had a chance to try to fix Afghanistan and President Bush attacked Iraq instead. I thought that was a bozo idea. With Iran supplying extremists and supporting terrorists, it is a waste of time without getting rid of the leadership in Iran. Iran is the active force that is disrupting that entire region. Cut the head off of the Snake first.

I lost all respect for the Army since they let a Muslim Militant kill people and refused to call him a Terrorists! The Army is Sick and needs to be cleaned out.

Last edited: