Biostar tech support...

acole1

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2005
Here are my encounters with Biostar Tech support... read for entertainment! :heart:

===================================================

**My Online request**

Problem Description

I was reading something about this motherboard only supporting only "special" RAM. Is this true or can I use any brand RAM on this motherboard?

Also, I got this computer from a friend while the motherboard was broken. I sent it in for repair, and before I sent it in I was sure it was a socket LGA775 processor, so I ordered a socket LGA775 CPU for it. I just got the CPU and the motherboard back and it ends up the CPU is a socket 478 motherboard. Is it possible that the motherboard may have been switched out during the repair processes?

Thanks

**Biostar Tech's reply**

"GO TO OUR WEBSITE AND SEE WWW.BIOSTAR-USA.COM

P4TBA IS A SOCKET 478 IT?S A OLD MOTHERBOARD SOCKET 775 IS THE LATEST FOR INTEL BIG DIFFERENCE"

**My 1st Reply**

Thank you for telling me what I already know.

Does this motherboard take RAM with a "special chip" or can I use any RAM?

Thanks.

**Biostar 2nd reply**

"READ WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN MAN, THERE IS NO SPECIAL MEMORY TO BE USED UNLESS YOU BUY HIGH DENSITY OR ECC MEMORY REST OF OTHER MEMORY WILL WORK FINE UNLESS NO BRAND NAME WE RECOMMEND KINGSTON , OCZ, CORSAIR"

**My 2nd reply**

Ok, thanks.

The reason I was asking is because several online vendors sell RAM specifically for that motherboard which have a "special chip" that is required for use in that motherboard. I know Gateway used to require the use of only Samsung memory in their motherboards, and the machine would not boot unless it had Samsung sticks installed.

On another note, your replies have been incredibly unprofessional (hopefully not reflective of the organization which you represent,) and you can count yourself reported to whatever superiors you may have.

Thank you.

**His last reply**

"WOW"

Incredible huh? :roll:

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003
Umm, odds are this guy couldn't care less if you reported him to his bosses. Just like with Phone tech support...9 times outta 10 people are pissed because of their own stupidity, and want to vent because you made them look dumb.

Either way, that guy was a prick.

acole1

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2005
Eh, true.. I probably wont take the time to report him.

But still, he should know better than to act that way when representing his employer.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: iamaelephant
:confused: Maybe the most boring tech support thread ever. Who cares?

Must have gotten your interest because you replied to it ;)