Bioshock steam glitch

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
I have Bioshock on Steam and all my drivers are updated, but when I take a picture of a living subject with the research camera the game hangs for a good 5 seconds. Any idea what causes this? Getting nowhere with 2k Tech Support.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
are you sure it's not part of the picture taking process? maybe has to do w/ your hardware config? reinstall the game as last resort?

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I have Bioshock on Steam and all my drivers are updated, but when I take a picture of a living subject with the research camera the game hangs for a good 5 seconds
The game is supposed to pause a bit after you take a picture. If it's pausing too long your system is probably too slow for the settings you're using.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
It does that with me too, I thought it was part of the picture taking process. I don't think it's a glitch, bug or problem, it's the way the game is supposed to be.
Please let us know if you find otherwise from 2K though!

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Well I lowered the resolution but it takes the same long time for the camera. On the 360 it was almost instantaneous when I took pictures.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
It doesn't take that long for me, maybe a second or two. It could just be your system? I am running version 1.1 though, and I didn't buy the game off of steam.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Yeah 1.1 here also. I thought it might have been custom settings I had for the game through Nvidia Control Panel but I turned them off and it still does it.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
Nothing in the background except for the usual crap, Nvidia and Antivirus. Thus far everything that 2k Techsupport has suggested has failed. I have updated and tweaked every driver I've got and it's still a glaring, annoying issue that nobody in the internet seems to have experienced but me.