BioShock Infinite is fantastic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
story wise bioshock is the game ender.

It has the best story out of all the games ive played this year.
Graphics is also beautiful if u like the cartoony type graphics.

I also really liked elizabeth... she was actually a very useful NPC.

Infact if i microsoft brought back the office assistant, id want elizabeth to be that, instead of a paper clip with a face.

Hard not to like her when she's constantly throwing you coins, salt, and ammo.

avtar2008

May 30, 2013
Hard not to like her when she's constantly throwing you coins, salt, and ammo.
for 2-3 mission when she is kidnapped, one realizes how much help she was providing. Ammo was just draining like water :eek:

And about game, it was awesome an experience playing that all due to its storyline. After about 25% completion, I was only playing it to see story and end was something that i won't forget soon. if someone is playing (or purchasing) it for shooting, then he should look at other game.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
The game is practically a masterpiece of modern gaming, they fixed more or less everything that was a problem with Bioshock and created a new, unique, powerful storyline.

I don't think we'll see a single player experience in 2013 that will steal GOTY from Infinite, if we do I'll be extremely surprised, and pleased.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I am enjoyed the game. The story, setting and Elizabeth were the standouts. I found the actual gameplay to be rather average though. The gunplay was ok, lot of different guns but so many were so similar it didn't really matter, the vigors were ok as well, maybe because we already played two previous games that used the same mechanic it just felt like its novelty wore off.

Honestly, I think the game would have been better off as an RPG or some other genre, but kept in a first person perspective.

rumpleforeskin

Nov 3, 2008
Like many others in this thread I thought the story was great and kept me going to completion. The gameplay, sadly, got real repetitive during the second half, new enemies did not require new skills to defeat and the level design did nothing to promote different play style.

drbrock

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2008
Finished it this weekend with a marathon gaming session Saturday. I thought Tomb Raider was going to be my GOTY. However Bioshock has blown me away with the story. I started playing Bioshock about a month ago and got bored about an hour into. I turned it off and basically forced myself to play again Saturday. About a half hour in Saturday I got Elizabeth and my life changed lol.

I wish it would have been a ps4 title. The environment would have been so much better. I was running it on high with a 7850. I did Ultra for a while but every 30 secs there would be a framerate drop. Might have upgraded my card for a better experience. If they could have put together a Tomb Raider level graphics push and Bioshock story it would easily destroy any competition.

Elizabeth was the only NPC with an AI that did not annoy me. She NEVER got in my way and actually mattered to me. Usually I can care less about the other NPC's but there was something very different about Elizabeth.

The reviews for the Last of Us have been stellar and actually have been highlighting the fact that the NPC is so good. I am going to wait for the comparisons and see if it worth me buying a ps3 to play that game.

People have been critical of the actual gameplay. I thought it was fairly good. I fought enemies in multiple ways so it never got boring. The salts never really run out so you can use your abilities quite often.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Where the hell is the DLC? Not having a regular stream of DLC releases lined up for a single player game must be costing them a good deal of money. I can see a lot of people saying meh to whatever it is now that so much time has passed...

Say what you will about gearbox they have been very good about timely releases of borderlands DLC.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Where the hell is the DLC? Not having a regular stream of DLC releases lined up for a single player game must be costing them a good deal of money. I can see a lot of people saying meh to whatever it is now that so much time has passed...

Say what you will about gearbox they have been very good about timely releases of borderlands DLC.

As much as I liked the game, unless they add something drastic to the storyline, I can't say I care about any DLC for it. I finished it, I moved on ;p Not in the habit of replaying single player games.