BioShock 3 Announced

cheapherk

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2000
June 5, 2008 - Speaking to investors in a quarterly financial conference call today, Take-Two Interactive chairman Strauss Zelnick confirmed that plans exist for a third BioShock game, which will likely coincide with the release of the Gore Verbinski-directed film version of the game franchise.

Full article @ IGN

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
How desperate do you have to be to announce a sequel to a game that likely won't be released for at least 18 months?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
To build "some" hype around it, even if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I see no other logical or non-logical reasons behind that decision.

wbynum

Jul 14, 2005
By the time BioShock 3 is released the DRM is going to consist of giving a blood sample every time you want to play the game.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: wbynum
By the time BioShock 3 is released the DRM is going to consist of giving a blood sample every time you want to play the game.

Ssshhh, don't give them ideas.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
I love how games development works today.

In a conference call earlier this week about the Activision/Blizzard/Merger/thing, Activision CEO Robert Kotick dropped the quote from the first panel of the strip completely without irony. No doubt a phrase like that is "hot talk" for the financial set, but when they're speaking within earshot of the community, they might want to be more choosy.

Originally posted by: wbynum

They've already got a a few new ideas.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
They're announcing this to keep investors/shareholders from revolting over Take 2's refusal to let EA buy them peacefully. They've got 40-some days left before EA goes hostile, they need all the ammo they can get.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Originally posted by: SunnyD
They're announcing this to keep investors/shareholders from revolting over Take 2's refusal to let EA buy them peacefully. They've got 40-some days left before EA goes hostile, they need all the ammo they can get.

Agreed. Not to mention the Bioshock movie too. I had no idea :D

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999

Probably. I remember EAs old philosophy. Total 180 to the way they are today.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
They're announcing this to keep investors/shareholders from revolting over Take 2's refusal to let EA buy them peacefully.
Precisely!