• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question bios problem

apassi

Sep 12, 2020
Hi
I can't get into the bios. When I tried to go into the bios then the machine booted directly into windows. No logo came, the black screen just flashed quickly and then opened windows.

-amd Ryzen 7 2700X
-emolevy MSI X570-A PRO
-DDR4 16 gt
-näytönohj. Nvidia Geforce gtx 1660 super

If you started tapping the del key in time, the machine got stuck and had to shut down.

I took the battery off for an hour, and now the machine doesn't even go into windows but hangs. The fans will rotate and otherwise everything seems will be ok.

• Wow
Reactions: damian101

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
USB flashback? In times of need it's a very useful feature. I wouldn't buy a MB without it these days. If I wanted into the uEFI and no other options worked it's what I'd try next. I see no reason why it wouldn't allow you back in.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks. I need to check if this option is available on this motherboard.
Looking at the MSI website your MB has the feature. Easy to do as long as you use a FAT32 USB stick the 1st time and put it into the correct USB slot. It should be marked on the back panel plate. Download and extract the uEFI file. Once extracted you'll need to right click and change the name to MSI.ROM to make it functional.

ASK THE COMMUNITY