Bios and CPUZ Reporting Completely Wrong Vcore

miketen587

Oct 2, 2012
A few weeks ago I posted a similar thread looking for answers/fixes to this problem but to no avail.

One person even said the same exact thing happened to him but did not have a fix for it.

Basically, ever since I installed my Asus DG sound card, the Vcore my bios and CPU Z are reporting is wildly inaccurate. They are both reading .288 Vcore, which is obviously completely wrong. I wouldn't even be able to post at that.

My 3570k is OCed to 4.2 Ghz @ 1.21 Volts. The OC is completely stable and has been for months. Motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LX.

The ONLY place that correctly reports my Vcore is the field in the Bios where I manually enter the fixed voltage that I want.

PC is running completely fine otherwise. This is just bugging the hell out of me.

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
CPUZ isn't the final word as it can be made out to be sometimes. It thinks my multiplier is higher than what my processor is able to do. It even validates. I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
CPUz misreads my vCore as well on my GB mobo, I use a different utility to read it instead (Gigabyte's EasyTune6.) It's not good or bad, it is what it is.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
Use HWINFO64. I use that for my Gigabyte UD5H and reports everything perfect.

miketen587

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I actually just noticed there was an update for my Bios released last week. I'm going to flash it when I get home and see if that fixes my problem.

If that doesn't work then I'll try out the software you guys suggested.

miketen587

Oct 2, 2012
Updated my BIOS, still no luck.

As for HWINFO64, its a nice program, but I'm not seeing it reporting Vcore anywhere. All I see is VID which is reading 1.336.

miketen587

Oct 2, 2012
If you uninstall your Asus DG sound card, do all the shenanigans go away?

I've physically removed the card from the PCI slot to test that out, and no, it does not fix it.

I know for a fact that this issue started immediately after the sound card install though because my AI suite was giving me a Vcore notification in the bottom right corner of my screen, which it had NEVER done before. I've since uninstalled AI suite to avoid the warning, and the fact that I never used it.