Biohock= Cool, despite glitches

Dfere

Feb 20, 2006
I just finished Bioshock. I took a hard weekend to do it. Being a CPA, its hard to fork over a whole weekend of responsibilities.....

The game pulls pieces from a whole lot of shooters, it is in many ways highly derivative, yet a hell of a lot of fun. Plus, I am going to replay it again for a different ending scene- this has to show it has hooks. I especially liked the Cirque du Soleil homage. And the gothic landscapes - my favorite. So what if I am finally in the center demographic for a game, better that than football ads!

Additionally, I couldn't get any sort of decent level of graphics out of my 7800 GT (with beta drivers), and I upgraded memory and to a XI-Fi soundcard (realtek made no difference). High textures crashed. Period. Despite this, I was hooked.

What did you all think?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
biohock is what happens when i have a spitting contest

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Is biohock the sequel to the popular Beavis and Butthead game of the late 90s where they were launching lugies at the mall?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn
Is biohock the sequel to the popular Beavis and Butthead game of the late 90s where they were launching lugies at the mall?

No, it's Organic German wine.

Feb 10, 2000
Bioshock is the best game I have played since the original Half-Life. It might be my favorite game ever made, actually. I would give it a 95/100.

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
One of the most overrated games I have ever witnessed. It is good but nothing like the hype and 10's everywhere would lead you to believe.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: m1ldslide1
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Biohock= Cool, despite glitches =Irony

bahaha!

My take on bioshock is that PC Gaming forum is
<------- that way

Actaully Biohock is that new game about selling your organs to pawn shops. It's pretty gruesome.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I prefer Biohick. Nothing like dressing in plaid and hipwaders and having sex with your relatives and stray animals.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: DonVito
Bioshock is the best game I have played since the original Half-Life. It might be my favorite game ever made, actually. I would give it a 95/100.

Agreed. Not since half-life has a game totally involved me and begged me to keep playing.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
I finished it last night too. Very good story telling. It's been a while where x company makes a compelling story. I really loved that level where you kill Andrew Ryan where he tells you the difference between slaves and free man. "Slaves obey, Free man chooses"

It was buggy. It has troubles saving and loading. I had to alt-tab and restart from a save point. No biggy because I would save it right before it switched to another level.

ZappDogg

Jul 18, 2005
Incredible atmosphere, but couldn't hold a candle to the way Deus Ex pulled me in.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Originally posted by: BurnItDwn

No, it's Organic German wine.

Ooooh ..... Is it like a Riesling?
Does it go well with meat and potatoes?
I usually prefer beer, but I'm willing to try wines too!

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I really enjoyed the demo, but I have two many other things to hold my attention right now. I think I will pick it up when it gets to $20ish. How long does it take to finish?

KT

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
I really enjoyed the demo, but I have two many other things to hold my attention right now. I think I will pick it up when it gets to $20ish. How long does it take to finish?

KT

I put a good 24+ hours into it the first time. Actual playing time? 40 hours.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
First game I actually had to update my video drivers for. I used the retail drivers for my 8800 and they caused screen flickering and choppiness. That's if of course I didn't BSOD.

I thought it was a very good game. Not great, but it just had one of those atmospheres and gun play to keep me having fun.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

I put a good 24+ hours into it the first time. Actual playing time? 40 hours.

I don't think it's that long. Probably 25-30 hours. I finished it yesterday. The boss was so easy to beat if you have weapons to max. This game is much slower paced though.