Bin Laden tape being dissected.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Interesting read but I don't know how valuable this analysis really is. Not that someone shouldn't try, but they might as well augur a sheep if they are looking for real meaning.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
These "intelligence experts" aren't very intelligent since Bin Laden has been dead 5+ years.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
CIA claims the voice belongs to Bin Laden, but in the video he looked more like an actor made up to look like him to me.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: dualsmp
These "intelligence experts" aren't very intelligent since Bin Laden has been dead 5+ years.

Can you back up these claims?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What I've learned from the media terrorism experts is that if Bin Laden says he is going to attack the US again we should take it to mean that he is planning to attack the US. If he doesn't mention attacking the US we should take that to mean that he is planning to attack the US. I take this to mean that the reports out of Iraq are terrible and a Republican senator got caught hitting on men in an airport restroom so it is time to drag Goldstein out of his closet again.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Your relying on a 6 year old Fox News report that is based on hearsay as ?proof? that Osama is dead?

Grow up and get a clue already.

How many reports of Castro?s death have there been in the last year and a half? And yet he keeps turning up on Cuban TV?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
This tape is 30 minutes long???!!!

Does Osama know the meaning of the term ?sound bite??

Is this some type of ?State of the Islamic Union? speech? Does he stop every few minutes to point to someone in the audience and recognize them for what they have done for the jihad?

It is quite possible that the one thing this tape may achieve is the elimination of the ?Osama bogyman? mentality. Next time we hear about a new Osama tape we may laugh about it more than get worried about what he says.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dualsmp

Proof? Evidence?

May I suggest you head over to the conspiracy nut thread...

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
there are issues with the tape, and the voice in the tape is said to 'be a mismatch' to known OBL recordings

issues include freezes in the tape - these freezes contain references to current events, which the 'live' footage of the tape does not

At the very least there are serious doubts about the authenticity of the tape

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Your relying on a 6 year old Fox News report that is based on hearsay as ?proof? that Osama is dead?

Grow up and get a clue already.

How many reports of Castro?s death have there been in the last year and a half? And yet he keeps turning up on Cuban TV?

And Castro has had quality video footage of him in the mainstream media and numerous high quality photos on the web which are easily found. The story vets out that Castro is still alive.

Bin laden no such thing... Low quality grainy videos or rehashed, reedited videos of bin Laden from 10 years ago when bin Laden was still alive. No new high quality photos to speak of. And "supposed" bin Laden audio tapes released of dubious authenticity.

http://www.idiap.ch/pages/press/bin-laden-eval.pdf

Conclusion:
The work reported here was mainly motivated by pure scientific curiosity, also aiming at showing the possibilities and limitations offered by automatic speaker authentication system in non-optimal conditions (typically, noisy environments and limited amount of recordings). While this study does not permit us to draw any definite (statistically significant) conclusions, it nonetheless shows that there is serious room for doubt, and that it is also difficult to agree with some US officials saying that it is 100% sure that it is bin Laden. When addressing a problem with a scientific perspective (as opposed to a political approach), one has to be ready to also accept the uncertainty of the results. Even if the confidence of these results can be boosted by exploiting multiple automatic systems and multiple human expert opinions, it will never be possible to authenticate the latest bin Laden tape with 100% assurance.

And can you look at these two comparative screen shots from Bin ladens "confession" video from 2001?

http://www.infowars.net/pictur...eb07/190207fatnose.jpg

These two guys are NOTHING alike! Am I just supposed to buy into any other video of bin Laden (hook line and sinker) after the fact when fake videos have been released previously? Sorry I'm not a koolaide drinker and don't buy this newest video of "supposed" bin Laden for one microsecond.

BTW I'm all grown up PJ.