Billionaire Tells Non-Rich Drink Less, Work More

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
8-30-2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/drink-less-more-billionaire-tells-152654355.html

'Drink Less, Work More', Billionaire Tells Non-Rich

Gina Rinehart seems to court controversy - from her family lawsuits to her battles with Australian media.

Australian mining heiress, worth $19 billion and earlier this year thought to be the world's richest woman, has sparked another controversy

Rinehart says the non-rich should stop attacking the rich and go to work.

"If you're jealous of those with more money, don't just sit there and complain. Do something to make more money yourself - spend less time drinking, or smoking and socializing and more time working."

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Come here and say that to my face bitch

I don't smoke, don't drink and work my fuxking ass off.

I'm sure you can find me here easily.

Come here and tell me your wisdom to my face.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Wow...in Millions (more like tens of millions) of examples, she's absolutely right. Good for her...

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Come here and say that to my face bitch

I don't smoke, don't drink and work my fuxking ass off.

I'm sure you can find me here easily.

Come here and tell me your wisdom to my face.

No, you just sit on AT all day and post crazy.

And you make lots of stupid decisions.

If you're broke, it's because you're Dave McOwen.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
She must be lonely without Salacious Crumb to entertain her.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
The problem is that them working more doesn't really change anything. Sure they get a little more money but so what. It's not going to really change how most will live. It also assumes that they have time to work more.

People like this are so out of touch with reality you can't take anything they say seriously.

Vic Vega

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
Work your ass off? I can come to this forum at any point and see new posts from the OP while he is supposedly working.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Even though in a lot of cases she is probably right, why exactly should I care what she thinks or says?

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
So she worked her ass off getting daddies money when he died. I wonder how rich she would be if born into a middle class family that has to work for a living?

Rinehart also founded the anti-tax and climate change sceptic lobby group ANDEV

Wow, she sounds like another idiot born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

xochi

Jan 18, 2000
I think she speaks truth. Don’t you wonder why poor people don’t get sick of being poor and start up a successful oil and gas company or maybe start a software development company?

Laziness pure and simple

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
She inherits everything she's got and has the audacity to say something like this? Guess she didn't inherit any brains. She is the epitome of what's wrong with this planet.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Though i agree with her to some extent, it is in fact impossible for everyone to just simply start their own company or just "get into" the oil industry..etc. There are in fact many, many people who try to start business's and they fail not due to any fault of their own, lack of effort nor trying, the income has to be there.

It is also impossible for everyone to make decisions that guarantee anything. One could try their best and take advice all day long on decisions, but no guarantee's of success.

What she says, which is similar to many say here, is really just a hardass and linear perception that has no real bearing on reality itself. IF Bill Gates never made that meeting with IBM as he almost missed the plane, Microsoft may have missed the opportunity which allowed them to be where they are now. Too many outisde factors get involved between rich or being poor, from others (people and corporate competition) trying to keep you down for their own gain to hiring that jerkwad who lied to you and costed you a lot of money...just a small example of what goes on every single day to those seeking fortune. It is not like there is a handbook for success that can work for everyone and no that infomercial that sells you one isn't going to cut it.

Feb 10, 2000
I will say that while her statement was impolitic, it was still good advice.

I know some very wealthy (i.e., private jet money) people, and know others who can't pay the rent on their modest apartments. In general the rich people I know work their asses off, whereas the people who are struggling spend a lot more time worrying than they do working. In general it has been my experience that, at least in this country (I know Ms. Rinehart is not an American), if you apply yourself you can and will be successful.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Though i agree with her to some extent, it is in fact impossible for everyone to just simply start their own company or just "get into" the oil industry..etc. There are in fact many, many people who try to start business's and they fail not due to any fault of their own, lack of effort nor trying, the income has to be there.

It is also impossible for everyone to make decisions that guarantee anything. One could try their best and take advice all day long on decisions, but no guarantee's of success.

What she says, which is similar to many say here, is really just a hardass and linear perception that has no real bearing on reality itself. IF Bill Gates never made that meeting with IBM as he almost missed the plane, Microsoft may have missed the opportunity which allowed them to be where they are now. Too many outisde factors get involved between rich or being poor, from others (people and corporate competition) trying to keep you down for their own gain to hiring that jerkwad who lied to you and costed you a lot of money...just a small example of what goes on every single day to those seeking fortune. It is not like there is a handbook for success that can work for everyone and no that infomercial that sells you one isn't going to cut it.

Excellent post :thumbsup:

People like Bober think you are full of shit though

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
1. "most" american's are working class. Everyone is lazy at something, its part of why our ancestors tried to make things easier so we have life so easy..we continue this trend every single day. "convenience" is also lazy.

2. "most" american's daily lives and opportunities differ from their neighbors, if not as a result of too many factors to list, everything from having kids, health issues, mental capacities, education, lack of job opportunities, overpopulation of those seeking a job you seek, interests..etc.

3. who the heck here is a billionaire from their hard work? If not then it is due to your laziness? What is this "success"? I would define it as the ability to feel content without a burden to others, i certainly see plenty of posters discussing how lazy "most" are yet are still posting instead of becoming a billionaire. Perhaps putting down others makes you feel content?

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I think she speaks truth. Don’t you wonder why poor people don’t get sick of being poor and start up a successful oil and gas company or maybe start a software development company?

Laziness pure and simple

Yep. :D

The wealthy inhabit a totally different society than the rest of us. The customs, beliefs and, perspectives are as different from main stream America as those of the natives of New Guinea.

Those who have always had money, even if they made most of it themselves, tend to think of poor people as lacking in intelligence and drive. In effect, they believe the poor choose to be poor.

The rich are not assholes regardless of how the media portrays them. They simply share a common trait of humanity, the inability to look at the world through a different set of eyes.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
People in general are too worried about snooki or Kim kardasian...screw working hard.