Bill To Ban Assault Weapons Introduced In Senate

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Why do Democrats keep proposing these legislations? It's stupid. Not going to pass, and unnecessarily alienates gun owners who would otherwise be democrats. Why do Maryland Democrat senators care about Texas Republicans blasting each other in Church? Just let them have at it, if that's how they like to live.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why do Democrats keep proposing these legislations? It's stupid. Not going to pass, and unnecessarily alienates gun owners who would otherwise be democrats. Why do Maryland Democrat senators care about Texas Republicans blasting each other in Church? Just let them have at it, if that's how they like to live.

Because we're one country, no matter how desperately you want to disown your fellow citizens. Because we've had mass shootings from Connecticut to Florida to California & Nevada. It's not a local issue at all.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Because we're one country, no matter how desperately you want to disown your fellow citizens. Because we've had mass shootings from Connecticut to Florida to California & Nevada. It's not a local issue at all.
It won't pass, if it did pass, Trump would veto it, if he signed it, Republican SCOTUS would gut it. So why propose it? It makes winning voters harder and gun control less likely. Plus if the people getting blasted while praying don't care, Senators should just chill.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

I think what alienates potential Dem voting gun owners is silly do nothing laws. Things like bump stock bans, magazine limits, etc. Those things really don't matter, but are examples of over reaching beyond common sense take rights away from everyone legislation the anti-2A nutters push for.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I think what alienates potential Dem voting gun owners is silly do nothing laws. Things like bump stock bans, magazine limits, etc. Those things really don't matter, but are examples of over reaching beyond common sense take rights away from everyone legislation the anti-2A nutters push for.
Good point. Stupid senators. I don't get why they are raging about bump stocks and magazines. Just because of country music fans getting shot up at the concert? Poll country music fans afterwards, and they will say the guy should just have been able to buy a full auto and not had to mess with inconvenient bump stocks. And these doofuses show up with their stupid gun control.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Good point. Stupid senators. I don't get why they are raging about bump stocks and magazines. Just because of country music fans getting shot up at the concert? Poll country music fans afterwards, and they will say the guy should just have been able to buy a full auto and not had to mess with inconvenient bump stocks. And these doofuses show up with their stupid gun control.

Statistically rifles are only used in a small amount of firearm crimes in the first place. Bump stocks or situations where mag size come into play are exceedingly small. Wanting to ban these things from everyone just doesn't make sense.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Statistically rifles are only used in a small amount of firearm crimes in the first place. Bump stocks or situations where mag size come into play are exceedingly small. Wanting to ban these things from everyone just doesn't make sense.
I agree. Plus they were bought legally and how many legal gun owners are going to shoot up a country concert again? In the mean time people are annoyed by having to reload or keep pulling trigger at the range. Democrats should focus on statistically significant problems.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

They matter when it comes to gun massacres. They seem to matter terribly to firepower freaks of all sorts.