Bill Clinton met with AG Loretta Lynch privately in Phoenix

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Support it here or don't. I don't really care.

I think the optics were bad, beyond that, its all random conspiracy bs.

I'm sure we'll spend another $10M to investigate if Clinton wins in November.

I have to spoon feed you everything? Evidently you don't have critical thinking skills, the ability to click multiple google links or read any major news outlet story.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Here:

Executive Order 12674 on Principles of Ethical Conduct as amended by EO 12731; Uniform Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch, 5 CFR Part 2635; Department of Justice regulations, 5 CFR Part 3801; Department of Justice regulations, 28 CFR Part 45; Executive branch standards of conduct, 5 USC § 735; and, United States Department of Justice Ethics Handbook for On and Off-Duty Conduct, 14 Principles for Ethical Conduct:

“14. Employees shall endeavor to avoid any actions creating the appearance that they are violating the law or the ethical standards set forth in this part. Whether particular circumstances create an appearance that the law or these standards have been violated shall be determined from the perspective of a reasonable person with knowledge of the relevant facts.”

5 C.F.R 2635.101 (b)

“An employee shall endeavor to avoid any actions creating the appearance that the employee is violating the law or the ethical standards set forth in this part.”

5 CFR 2635.101(b)(14)

It doesn't matter what was said.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What conspiracy theory? All I posted is what the man who broke the story said. It conflicts with what you claimed. Do you have evidence to support your position that the airport tarmac was a public place and the journalist is lying about not being able to take photographs? A phone call is simple, why didn't they do that?

The story alleges that there were witnesses present, the reporter's sources. It alleges that the FBI requested no pictures. None of that indicates surreptitious intent on anybody's part.

It's not like anybody has denied that the meeting took place, meaning pictures are irrelevant.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Here:

It doesn't matter what was said.

Like I said- Lynch apparently endeavored to do just that & was taken completely by surprise. Bill was there before she even had a chance to think about it.

Too easy for the Mayberry Machiavellis, obviously. In their world, speculative bullshit is taken as fact so long as it leads where they want to go.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I have to spoon feed you everything? Evidently you don't have critical thinking skills, the ability to click multiple google links or read any major news outlet story.

A general rule of thumb around here, is if you allege something your should support it. Asking you to support your statement with facts isn't out of line. Get used to it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
The notion that Lynch did anything wrong is scurrilous. I just try to put myself in her place. Before she has a chance to think about it, the ever affable Bill Clinton is boarding her plane to say hello. Right out of the blue. Even if it occurs to her that he shouldn't be there it's already too late.
Rarely do convenience or inconvenience hold water as reasonable excuses when alleged ethics violations occur.

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012
Actually, it is isn't 100% confirmed, but there is quite a bit of speculation that he is indeed being investigated as part of the Clinton foundation case.

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012
Sorry, hit reply too fast. It is easy to imagine scenarios where he could say something to influence either investigation. He did wait on the tarmac for about a half hour for her plane to land and then spent 30 minutes talking to her. IT is pretty much 100 percent that he didn't golf in Phoenix so that was a lie. Something like, boy it would be great if we could get your opinion on SC nominations when Hillary is elected. Hillary did say today that she will try to keep Lynch on when she is elected.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Speculation, innuendo, false flags, incredulous inflammatory rabble rousing, rumor mongering, misleading negatively drenched commentary from a "fair and balanced" "news network".......all we need now is a forum to put all of that into practice to keep that pot stirred up and boiling. Oh yeh, I forgot. :oops: :D

Shooting multi-million $$$ Benghazi bullets at the Hildabeast merely bounced off of her and ricocheted back at the Firing Squad That Couldn't Shoot Shit. How sad.

But wait! We have this new balloon that the Hillary Hunter blowhards can inflate and throw darts at. Well, at least there is an "appearance" of impropriety that the media can ramp up their ratings with and something the Hillary Haters can beat her over that thick impervious skull of hers until doomsday. I swear, every time she gets bashed I hear her cooing "oooo that tickles me so good" behind that lovely well aimed smirk of hers.

All in all, I'd say it's not a bad day for America. The bashers got another spike to add to their clubs and Hillary will still be headed for the White House.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Rarely do convenience or inconvenience hold water as reasonable excuses when alleged ethics violations occur.

Nobody offered anything about convenience on the part of Lynch. Bill surprised her, that's all.

Why is the simple answer impossible to accept? Why doesn't occam's razor apply?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Speculation, innuendo, false flags, incredulous inflammatory rabble rousing, rumor mongering, misleading negatively drenched commentary from a "fair and balanced" "news network".......all we need now is a forum to put all of that into practice to keep that pot stirred up and boiling. Oh yeh, I forgot. :oops: :D

Shooting multi-million $$$ Benghazi bullets at the Hildabeast merely bounced off of her and ricocheted back at the Firing Squad That Couldn't Shoot Shit. How sad.

But wait! We have this new balloon that the Hillary Hunter blowhards can inflate and throw darts at. Well, at least there is an "appearance" of impropriety that the media can ramp up their ratings with and something the Hillary Haters can beat her over that thick impervious skull of hers until doomsday. I swear, every time she gets bashed I hear her cooing "oooo that tickles me so good" behind that lovely well aimed smirk of hers.

All in all, I'd say it's not a bad day for America. The bashers got another spike to add to their clubs and Hillary will still be headed for the White House.

It'll all pass into the myth of right wing myth & legend. It's rare today, but as a much younger man I saw that there was always some old codger who'd swear by all that's holy that Smokin' Joe was right, about everything. Fucking Commies everywhere.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Regardless of Lynch's downplaying of the conversation, CBS News Justice reporter Paul Reid called it "shocking, absolutely shocking."

"The most high-profile national security investigation under the attorney general is the investigation into whether or not classified information was mishandled in connection with Hillary Clinton's server," Reid told CBSN. "Now, President Clinton and his foundation are also tangentially involved in that investigation, so the appearance of impropriety is just stunning."

Reid also noted that the explanation that it wasn't a scheduled meeting is unlikely to quiet critics.

"Loretta Lynch is no shrinking violet. This is a tough lady," Reid said. "She's stood up to El Chapo, she has taken on FIFA -- she is not incapable to telling someone, 'Look, you can't come on my plane' or 'Look, I don't want to talk to you.' The optics of this for the investigation going forward are horrible."

"It will definitely be fuel for those who do not believe this is an objective investigation," Reid added.

More of those fringe websites reporting in...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-bill-clinton-loretta-lynch-meet-on-tarmac-in-phoenix/

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Nobody offered anything about convenience on the part of Lynch. Bill surprised her, that's all.

You make it sound like he jumped out of an overhead compartment and yelled surprise, although I wouldn't put that past him.

Guurn

Dec 29, 2012

It wasn't accidental or someone wouldn't have been able to tip off the reporter.
Just to bolster the conspiracy part of this, her quote later on.

"Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Friday that she will take a step back from the decision whether to charge anyone in the Hillary Clinton private email server probe. But a Justice Department spokeswoman quickly clarified her remarks, telling Yahoo News that top political appointees will remain involved in the investigation and that the attorney general will be “the ultimate decider."

It'll all pass into the myth of right wing myth & legend. It's rare today, but as a much younger man I saw that there was always some old codger who'd swear by all that's holy that Smokin' Joe was right, about everything. Fucking Commies everywhere.

It's funny, my experience is exactly the opposite. The older I get the more I seem to find that what was once thought of as a crazy conspiracy theory has now been verified as fact. Granted, no small number stay in the crazy camp.

Oct 16, 1999

The mainstream media is as guilty as anyone in this perpetuating this lunacy. This investigation is only even taking place because it's pretty much guaranteed to put the issue to rest. Not because there's a fix, or corruption, but because it is extremely unlikely that HRC actually did anything criminal. The fact that the media is covering this from any other angle is the media, as they do, not letting reality get in the way of news.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It wasn't accidental or someone wouldn't have been able to tip off the reporter.
Just to bolster the conspiracy part of this, her quote later on.

"Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Friday that she will take a step back from the decision whether to charge anyone in the Hillary Clinton private email server probe. But a Justice Department spokeswoman quickly clarified her remarks, telling Yahoo News that top political appointees will remain involved in the investigation and that the attorney general will be “the ultimate decider."

It's funny, my experience is exactly the opposite. The older I get the more I seem to find that what was once thought of as a crazy conspiracy theory has now been verified as fact. Granted, no small number stay in the crazy camp.

Still conspiracy theory. It wasn't accidental on Bill's part. He waited for her plane to arrive, walked across the tarmac & onto her plane. Right out of the blue. At that point, whatever damage there was to be done was already done.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The mainstream media is as guilty as anyone in this perpetuating this lunacy. This investigation is only even taking place because it's pretty much guaranteed to put the issue to rest. Not because there's a fix, or corruption, but because it is extremely unlikely that HRC actually did anything criminal. The fact that the media is covering this from any other angle is the media, as they do, not letting reality get in the way of news.

Pandering sensationalism to the rubes. Yellow journalism rules. Like Jerry Springer said- "Crap sells."

Oct 16, 1999
Pandering sensationalism to the rubes. Yellow journalism rules. Like Jerry Springer said- "Crap sells."

Even the coverage of this meeting almost entirely revolves around the appearance of it as opposed to the substance of it. It's shameful how that passes for journalism.

Oct 16, 1999
The EO says appearance, sucks to be you.

You're conveniently misreading it. If the actual substance isn't in question then the appearance otherwise is moot.

Whether particular circumstances create an appearance that the law or these standards have been violated shall be determined from the perspective of a reasonable person with knowledge of the relevant facts.”

And why is everyone acting like Bill Clinton of all people wouldn't know how to meet a woman for some naughty purpose in secret and actually keep it secret?

Last edited: