Bill Clinton met with AG Loretta Lynch privately in Phoenix

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I've made no comment about the investigation other than that LL may have to recuse herself.

As to the meeting in Hell (summer in Phoenix) it was either stupid or there was something nefarious going on -- I opt for stupid but I'll keep an open mind!

Brian

Please. You clearly stated that it was most likely Lynch would have to recuse herself, as if indictment is the most likely outcome. It's speculation based on speculation.

There's little reason to believe it'll ever get there other than among well conditioned Hillary haters. They'll believe anything.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Please. You clearly stated that it was most likely Lynch would have to recuse herself, as if indictment is the most likely outcome. It's speculation based on speculation.

There's little reason to believe it'll ever get there other than among well conditioned Hillary haters. They'll believe anything.

The importance of the indictment to me, at this point, is to shut down smug liberals like you. I believe she's guilty as hell, but watching you eat crow is bonus points. I haven't met a bigger Hillary sycophant anywhere. ;)

Call me a Hillary hater and I'll probably not deny it.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The importance of the indictment to me, at this point, is to shut down smug liberals like you. I believe she's guilty as hell, but watching you eat crow is bonus points. I haven't met a bigger Hillary sycophant anywhere. ;)

Call me a Hillary hater and I'll probably not deny it.

And should your wet dream indictment fail to materialize it'll be... Conspiracy!, of course.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I find the liberals dismissing the optics here to be breathtaking. To nobody on earth with an ounce of rational intellect would this look good. To look at the event without knowing what was said and concluding BC wasn't seeking some political advantage is as conspiratorial as to say that he was. There is nothing but partisanship coloring the views on both sides. But one cannot deny the facts of appearance. No sane mind operates on tha notion that if it walks like a duck it's a rose. The press shoul ask what the purpose of the meeting was.

Ms Lynch already said what the purpose of the meeting was... grandkids or some such. IF the meet/greet was not illegal and there exists no evidence that any illegal acts occurred then all I can say is, 'So'.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Ms Lynch already said what the purpose of the meeting was... grandkids or some such. IF the meet/greet was not illegal and there exists no evidence that any illegal acts occurred then all I can say is, 'So'.

You need to review what she actually said, not paraphrase.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Don't you know that there are millions of people addicted to the latest gossipy innuendo of fluffed up Clinton scandals?

My God, man- it's what they live for & the media is glad to oblige. They're so strung out that sudden withdrawal might be fatal.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
And should your wet dream indictment fail to materialize it'll be... Conspiracy!, of course.

Modern US conservatism as manifested by the Republican party is essentially, "whatever them there libruuuls are for, I'm against. Because freedom".

No, really. They'll even admit it out loud every once in awhile. And it's so refreshing when they do because at least when they do so, they're existing in objective observable reality, even if only for a moment.

Baby steps.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Don't you know that there are millions of people addicted to the latest gossipy innuendo of fluffed up Clinton scandals?

My God, man- it's what they live for & the media is glad to oblige. They're so strung out that sudden withdrawal might be fatal.

Here's the thing, that's not precisely what she said, I think she's a particularly honest person who got played.

You realize the FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation for corruption too, right? And that Bill is at the very least a witness.

The whole thing is incredibly inappropriate.

How's that work again? It's not the act that kills politicians, it's the cover up.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Here's the thing, that's not precisely what she said, I think she's a particularly honest person who got played.

You realize the FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation for corruption too, right? And that Bill is at the very least a witness.

The whole thing is incredibly inappropriate.

How's that work again? It's not the act that kills politicians, it's the cover up.

You mean that there are "reports" from "sources" that the FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation.

All the conclusions you jump to have been carefully set before you.

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010

Here's a direct quote of what I said...

"But, unless some recording pops up that suggests something nefarious the most that's likely to happen is for LL to recuse, but I doubt even that will happen."

So, unless something pops up to say that the conversation involved the case the only thing that was likely, and LL has suggested this herself, is that she may have to recuse herself. I followed that up by saying Idoubt that will happen.

You are a blithering troll!

Brian

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
"Our conversation was a great deal about grandchildren, it was primarily social about our travels and he mentioned golf he played in Phoenix," said Lynch Tuesday afternoon while speaking at the Phoenix Police Department.

Like I said, I think Lynch is a particularly honest person who got played.

Why would the SS & FBI demand no photos or cell phones? Why didn't Clinton's visit warrant even a mention in the Phonex paper? Why is he playing golf in 109 degree heat? Do you think Hillary would dare allow him out of the house without handlers, micromanaging every step, with the stakes at risk?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
You need to review what she actually said, not paraphrase.

Listening to her speak on the issue I didn't hear her say anything that I found to be an admission to a criminal act.

Heck, if President Clinton came up to my aircraft for a visit I'd not tell him to ah heck off. I'd figure he'd be reasonably astute in the matters of perception. Also, I don't fear stuff like... what will they think about this or that. Otherwise, I'd be sequestered in my cubby with garlic and crosses strewn about.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Listening to her speak on the issue I didn't hear her say anything that I found to be an admission to a criminal act.

Heck, if President Clinton came up to my aircraft for a visit I'd not tell him to ah heck off. I'd figure he'd be reasonably astute in the matters of perception. Also, I don't fear stuff like... what will they think about this or that. Otherwise, I'd be sequestered in my cubby with garlic and crosses strewn about.

I have a quote from her on Tuesday immediately above your post, before the meeting was sanitized.

Every media outlet is quoting Democrats and Lynch herself admitting it was inappropriate.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Why would the SS & FBI demand no photos or cell phones? Why didn't Clinton's visit warrant even a mention in the Phonex paper? Why is he playing golf in 109 degree heat? Do you think Hillary would dare allow him out of the house without handlers, micromanaging every step, with the stakes at risk?

It's more effort to work up the innuendo than to find out the facts-

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/bill-clinton-phoenix-just-cross-paths-lynch/

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003

It's not 109 all day...

Besides, he was meeting with a Latino group and attending a fundraiser.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/politics/bill-clinton-loretta-lynch-phoenix/

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That stuff won't stop Republicans.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

:D:D

The reality of the 'visit' will remain unknown but to the participants. The conjured bits will be cemented in the minds of the all knowing holders of truth. Fortunately, I've a spouse who informs me of her reality and the marshal law Obama will invoke should Hilary be attached to Bill's obvious bribery of Lynch. :cool: I live in an insane country or perhaps better said might be the insane live in my country. :eek:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Fine fine but nobody can convince me tha Lynch didn't do a clever end run around Bill's attempt to bribe her by meeting with him publicly but privately and doing mea culpa, I won't get involved and let the FBI nail his wife. I don't need no garlic and crosses cause I get up early. Why else would she turn an innocent, how are the kids into a what a fool I was disaster. You know nobody in Washington ever takes personal blame for anything without a greater self interest aim.

And besides, you're not running for office, but know, I wouldn't trust you if you were.

Last edited: