Bigots Gone Wild

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Tell me if these people are voting for Obama because of his economic policy.

And just because you are white, doesnt mean everyone can throw around slurs towards white people.

Well, that was hard. So gee, we have 2 groups of idiots canceling each other out. Now what was your point again?

My point was there are idiots on both sides. Some people didnt believe that, so I was attacked personally.

No, that wasn't your point. Your point was to distract from racism by your fellow McCain voters. If your point had been what you saying, then you would have lambasted the people in the OP's video prior to distracting with comments about racism from the Obama camp.

Im not voting for Mccain. The last thing I want to have a chance to be president is someone who thinks we walked with dinosaurs, and that there is a magical guy in the sky giving us orders.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Tell me if these people are voting for Obama because of his economic policy.

And just because you are white, doesnt mean everyone can throw around slurs towards white people.

Well, that was hard. So gee, we have 2 groups of idiots canceling each other out. Now what was your point again?

edit to your edit:

How about a gallop poll? (titled: Obama?s Race May Be as Much a Plus as a Minus)

So, do you feel stupid?

No, now you can FUCK OFF you ignorant racist piece of shit. Get it?

Wow. You just really fly off the handle when you are proven wrong. How do they allow you on these boards?

How was I proven wrong? Oh, I wasn't. :roll:

And they allow me because independent thought is appreciated here and I do more than just recite partisan talking points like you do.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: ayabe
Originally posted by: smashp
Yeeeehaaaaaw, welcome to Rural Ohio

Yeah seriously, it's basically one giant trailer park that encompasses thousands of square miles.

Ever seen the movie Gummo?

That taught me all I need to know about people from rural Ohio.

You guys are every bit as fucking dumb as those idiots in the clip.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: n yusef
If you listen carefully the second guy says negro not n1gger. None the less....I mean no one will accuse me of like Obama but its certainly not because hes black that I dont like him.

Personally if it were a black man I would like to see someone like Mr. Cosby represent the minority ticket. Certainly not Obama.

Because that's what the Democratic Party is?

If you think otherwise your seriously deluded.

Honestly, out of ALL the minorities available you mean to tell me Obama is the best of the bunch?? :confused;

Bush is the best of the Majority? McCain is?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
When you got a great person running for president, you need a first stringer. He?s definitely a second stringer.?

Second quote from that link is wrong. They guy clearly said "Negro" not "great person". HUGE difference.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Im not voting for Mccain. The last thing I want to have a chance to be president is someone who thinks we walked with dinosaurs, and that there is a magical guy in the sky giving us orders.
Well, then we agree on something. But you could have fooled the rest of us with your constant repeating of RNC talking points.

Look, if you had provided a vid link in your first (or even 2nd) post, or not gone off the deep end by implying that "redneck" is a racist term, we would not have had a problem here.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: andy04
Its unfortunate, but racism was the base of this election its just that the radicals are coming out now as Obama has already won. Its just that these people are willing to demonstrate their feelings against Obama by any means in a last desperate attempt to defeat him. People who are concerned about Obama's safety are just crazy. These people are just trying win some votes by inducing hatred (as I have done in this forum :D). Its too little too late

i don't think people who are concerned about his safety are crazy....that isn't to say that some peoples interpretation of the events aren't completely wrong, but assassination isn't unheard of...i'm sure there are plenty of people who have wanted to kill every single president that has ever existed

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
If you listen carefully the second guy says negro not n1gger. None the less....I mean no one will accuse me of like Obama but its certainly not because hes black that I dont like him.

Personally if it were a black man I would like to see someone like Mr. Cosby represent the minority ticket. Certainly not Obama.

I see the two as quite similar to be honest....Cosby really isn't some kind of hero in my opinion.

n yusef

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
When you got a great person running for president, you need a first stringer. He?s definitely a second stringer.?

Second quote from that link is wrong. They guy clearly said "Negro" not "great person". HUGE difference.

You're the third person to make this correction, as if it excuses something.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Second quote from that link is wrong. They guy clearly said "Negro" not "great person".

And aside from the use of the dreaded "N" word, how is the statement any less bigoted? :confused:

While you're at it, tell how innocent these quotes are:

"If he wins, the blacks will take over."

"He's not a christian. This is a christian nation. What is our country gonna end up like?"

"He's related to a known terrorist for one."

"Obama and his wife - I'm concerned that they could be anti-white, and he might hide that."

"I don't like the fact that he thinks us white people are trash... Because we're not."

The woman who made that last statement is also a liar. She IS trash.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Well, then we agree on something. But you could have fooled the rest of us with your constant repeating of RNC talking points.

Look, if you had provided a vid link in your first (or even 2nd) post, or not gone off the deep end by implying that "redneck" is a racist term, we would not have had a problem here.

Anything that doesnt sound like "Obama is a savior" is considered a RNC talking point around here, and gets a swift response from the same 4 people. I dont mind Obama, I think alot of his supporters (at least on the internet) are off thier rocker.

As far as redneck not being a racist term, Ill ask the American Heritage dictionary:

NOUN: Offensive Slang 1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Anything that doesnt sound like "Obama is a savior" is considered a RNC talking point around here, and gets a swift response from the same 4 people. I dont mind Obama, I think alot of his supporters (at least on the internet) are off thier rocker.

As far as redneck not being a racist term, Ill ask the American Heritage dictionary:

NOUN: Offensive Slang 1. Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

Oh FFS... that's probably because the only people I know who keep repeating this "Obama is a savior" crap are usually the same ones who do nothing but spout RNC talking points. I don't think Obama is a savior. What I do think is that the religious right have taken over the Republican party and McCain's campaign, and (as a fiscal conservative and social libertarian) I am working hard against that. And last I checked, the religious right are neither fiscally conservative nor socially libertarian. So who else do you suppose I should be backing in this election? And don't say Bob Barr.

Now if you have a legitimate argument, then say it. If you want to complain about black racists supporting Obama, make a thread for it. Otherwise, in this thread, you were just diverting from the thread topic with flamebait, and that's why you got flamed.

And somebody better tell Jeff Foxworthy that he can't tell redneck jokes anymore...

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey

Second quote from that link is wrong. They guy clearly said "Negro" not "great person".

And aside from the use of the dreaded "N" word, how is the statement any less bigoted? :confused:

Of course they those first two statements were bigoted. However, the site claiming the man said "great person" when he clearly said "Negro" is obviously trying skew what the man said to make it seem more bigoted.

"He's not a christian. This is a christian nation. What is our country gonna end up like?"

"Obama and his wife - I'm concerned that they could be anti-white, and he might hide that."

"I don't like the fact that he thinks us white people are trash... Because we're not."

I dont excuse any of these statements, however, none of them are bigoted or racist.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Oh FFS... that's probably because the only people I know who keep repeating this "Obama is a savior" crap are usually the same ones who do nothing but spout RNC talking points. I don't think Obama is a savior. What I do think is that the religious right have taken over the Republican party and McCain's campaign, and (as a fiscal conservative and social libertarian) I am working hard against that. And last I checked, the religious right are neither fiscally conservative nor socially libertarian. So who else do you suppose I should be backing in this election? And don't say Bob Barr.

Now if you have a legitimate argument, then say it. If you want to complain about black racists supporting Obama, make a thread for it. Otherwise, in this thread, you were just diverting from the thread topic with flamebait, and that's why you got flamed.

And somebody better tell Jeff Foxworthy that he can't tell redneck jokes anymore...

Now if you couldnt use slurs towards your own race, we would have no Chris Rock, George Lopez, or rap music. :laugh:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Ok I watched the other video. pure trash again . Their was 1 MAN speaking their a liked . Seems to me he would be better than the choices we have. Yes he was colored but talked. Like an American . . The rest sound like the first group of retards.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Of course they those first two statements were bigoted. However, the site claiming the man said "great person" when he clearly said "Negro" is obviously trying skew what the man said to make it seem more bigoted.

I dont excuse any of these statements, however, none of them are bigoted or racist.

Really?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Of course they're not to you, that's how you talk.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

You are out of your fucking gourd.

Sweet Jesus, shine your holy light onto these forum posters. Let your holy ultraviolet shine purge the stupid bacteria contaminating their crania. You are a truly awesome God, and you can probably trace them through their I.P. addresses because you're awesome like that.

I pray to you, Lord. Please shine your holy light onto the misguided, and take the scales from their eyes so that they may see that lying to themselves is as much of a sin as lying to others.

Peace out, Jesus.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Originally posted by: jpeyton
That was 7 minutes of positive campaigning for Obama.

If I told you what that was 7 minutes of I would be permabanned here.

Go for it.

There were a few moments I could see some possible objectionable statements, but being a sensible person I can understand why certain things were said. The people in this Video were far more Intelligent in their responses than what was seen in the Ohio video of McCain supporters.

Feb 6, 2007

What? How is "if he wins, the blacks will take over" not bigotry? That's unadulterated fear mongering based solely on racism and a fear of black people having power. Why be afraid of black people having power? Oh, right, they're "anti-white," and think "white people are trash"... And of course he's not Christian, which explicitly states that anyone not Christian is unqualified to be President (that's religious bigotry right there). The "known terrorist" isn't bigotry, though it is ignorant, and completely untrue. The others are all forms of prejudices against either race or religion, and thus, by definition, are bigotry.

Refute that.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
What? How is "if he wins, the blacks will take over" not bigotry? That's unadulterated fear mongering based solely on racism and a fear of black people having power. Why be afraid of black people having power? Oh, right, they're "anti-white," and think "white people are trash"... And of course he's not Christian, which explicitly states that anyone not Christian is unqualified to be President (that's religious bigotry right there). The "known terrorist" isn't bigotry, though it is ignorant, and completely untrue. The others are all forms of prejudices against either race or religion, and thus, by definition, are bigotry.

Refute that.

Originally posted by: fallout man
You are out of your fucking gourd.

Sweet Jesus, shine your holy light onto these forum posters. Let your holy ultraviolet shine purge the stupid bacteria contaminating their crania. You are a truly awesome God, and you can probably trace them through their I.P. addresses because you're awesome like that.

I pray to you, Lord. Please shine your holy light onto the misguided, and take the scales from their eyes so that they may see that lying to themselves is as much of a sin as lying to others.

Peace out, Jesus.

Can you guys read? I already stated the first two quotes from that story are bigoted. I said the rest of them were not. But nice kneejerk.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari

Of course they're not to you, that's how you talk.

You know this how?