Big THQ Sale, Metro 2033 for $12.50, DOW2 for $7.50, also DOW2 expansion for $7.50

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hellfire88

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2003
Does anyone know if "Company of Heroes: Gold Edition" and "Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor" will activate on Steam? I have a few friends that have been playing that and would like to join them for $15 total. Thanks in advance!

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
I can't pass up saints row 2 for $5! Great deals! Thanks for the link. :awe:

You'll probably find that you should have. The game has some MAJOR issues on the PC, runs way to fast in a lot of cases. I picked it up on Steam for $5 awhile back, and it was basically unplayable IMO. It's a shame, because I love it on the PS3, and wanted the benefits of the PC version (higher resolution, etc), but I could never get it to run properly, and from what I understand, there were no plans to patch it to fix the issues.

SHAQ

Aug 5, 2002
There is a mod for the speedup issue in the Steam forums. I bought it but it seems it is a cheap clone of GTA without a story and worse graphics. It is closer to San Andreas. I also bought Juiced 2 for $3.75 and having more fun with it.

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Does anyone know if "Company of Heroes: Gold Edition" and "Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor" will activate on Steam? I have a few friends that have been playing that and would like to join them for $15 total. Thanks in advance!

COH Gold edition did not activate on steam for me.

yottabit

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2008
Does anyone know how long you have to download the actual games once you download the installer?

R Nilla

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2006
I bought Metro 2033 last week and activated it through Steam. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work due to issues with the stupid required PhysX drivers (installation kept failing and game would crash almost immediately after launching) but eventually I prevailed.