Big screen tv out of overhead projector.

Dufrane

May 7, 2002
I was browsing and came across an interesting article at Tomshardware. It was how to build a big screen TV out of an old overhead projector and an old LCD display. Does anyone have any experience with this????

may

Dec 26, 2001
yes, u can do that. but the picture quality sucks compared to commercial products. There is too much light leak in the light path.

I honestly think a lot of people would be disappointed after they did what's suggested in the article.

eno818

Oct 26, 2004
check out lumenlabs.com. the picure quality i good enough for me..

Text

Originally posted by: may
yes, u can do that. but the picture quality sucks compared to commercial products. There is too much light leak in the light path.

I honestly think a lot of people would be disappointed after they did what's suggested in the article.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: eno818
check out lumenlabs.com. the picure quality i good enough for me..

Text

Originally posted by: may

Yeah that looks better than most commercial products!
The site says if you use their 4" aperture light in conjunction with a high def 19" LCD, you can get the same results as a $40,000 projector.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
don't aphex have a nice setup like this? from what i remember him saying (i was thinking of getting a setup like that. but don't have the right lighting setup) it was a good picture.

whoiswes

Oct 4, 2002
damn you guys - i spend six hours last night reading up on DIY projectors - now i want one.

too bad my bank account won't allow it...