Big Problems with Windows 10 64bit Pro installing bluetooth and usb mic!

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
I been trying for awhile to get a working mic for my 2 Windows 10 PC that have bluetooth and usb trying to get a mic to work and as I am thinking of it my usb webcam wont work either.

The usb mic and webcam seem to blocked due to not being compatible and I was going to use the webcam mic for my Destiny 2 and WoW gaming as well as any other games I get in the future.

So I just bought a new usb mic and while the mic show up in my sound setting I cant configure it when I use setup a mic for speech rec it says Wizard wont launch.

I just got 2 bluetooth headsets with mics and neither of those mics are working either.

To me the bluetooth seems flaky on Windows 10 and unsure why my new usb mic wont work either.

I guessing this thread will be hard to convey what happening so I will post not for comments and questions Thanks!

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
In the newer/newest versions of Windows 10 (1803 and 1809, I think), you need to go into "Settings, Privacy, Mic" and also "Camera", and Enable them, and then Allow those apps to use it. I had that issue with Skype, when I upgraded Windows 10. Skype was reporting that it couldn't see the Mic or Camera.