BIG LIST - XBox Deals

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Smolek
Metal Gear Solid:Substance NEW only 19.99 at Ebgames.com
WOW!!! Nice find!

Any idea if this is good at B&M as well?

If so...PM with Eb at BB, use $5 off coupon from Gamer's Gift card = $14.99 NEW!!!

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: TallGeese
WOW!!! Nice find!

If so...PM with Eb at BB, use $5 off coupon from Gamer's Gift card = $14.99 NEW!!!

So far every B&M EB checked the price has been changed to 19.99

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
WOW!!! Nice find!

If so...PM with EB price at BB (if necessary), use $5 off coupon from Gamer's Gift card = roughly $14.99 NEW!!!
Yep...just got done verifying it at a B&M myself!

This is a SCORCHING DEAL at $14.99!!!!!

Tarfin

Jun 14, 2001
[
WOW!!! Nice find!

So far every B&M EB checked the price has been changed to 19.99[/quote]

Called the EB in Grand Rapids and the guy told me it was $49.99 although I doubt he checked since he replied instantly. I went ahead and bought it online before EB figures out that they goofed.
:D

AU Tiger

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 1999
I ordered it online as I wouldn't be able to get to any stores until Thursday evening at the earliest.

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
WOW!!! Nice find!

If so...PM with EB price at BB (if necessary), use $5 off coupon from Gamer's Gift card = roughly $14.99 NEW!!!
Yep...just got done verifying it at a B&M myself!

This is a SCORCHING DEAL at $14.99!!!!!
Skoorb just picked up two copies, one for me (thank you my brother!) and one for himself at a BB in B'ham...unfortunately they wouldn't do the GG coupons on top of the PM to EB. :(
I'd still try it tho, since YMMV about getting your local BB to accept the GG coupon on top of the PM.

Even without the coupon...you get a 110% PM at BB, if you first buy it at BB's regular price, then walk it over to the Service Desk and have them verify the lower price with EB.
Make SURE the EB folks check their computer when BB calls, because whoever's working at EB may just say..."Oh yeah...$49.99" which is utter B.S.

This should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway:
Jump on this QUICK if you want it folks!!!
It WON'T last long..I can assure you.

BTW: Might want to wait a bit before opening your copy. If BB officially drops their price to $19.99 in a few days (and they may do this so they don't lose the extra 10%), then GG coupons WILL work with no hassle.

odoe

Dec 3, 2001
Just picked up my copy of MGS2 @ Circuit City.
PM'ed 110%, they called EB, verified the price...knocked it down to $15.99.
Walked out the door paying $17.31 w/tax.

I went to BB, but they didn't have any more of those gamers gift cards, just the regular ones, AND the line to pay was all the way to the rear of the store. Said screw that, and stopped at the newly relocated CC in West Covina, CA that was almost empty. No problems.
I've never PM'ed anywhere before...I feel dirty.

mcdull

Aug 7, 2000
Originally posted by: odoe

I went to BB, but they didn't have any more of those gamers gift cards, just the regular ones, AND the line to pay was all the way to the rear of the store. Said screw that, and stopped at the newly relocated CC in West Covina, CA that was almost empty. No problems.
I've never PM'ed anywhere before...I feel dirty.

You don't need the gamers gift card which is quite a hassle to use. Check if your BB has NetFlix DVD promotion case, inside there is a $5 off $19.99 coupon.

I got shot down at the BestBuy, the manager said there are 2 versions and the one I want to pm was sold out :|
(somehow the one being sold in BB has a cover different than the covers I've seen online, is it a new cover?)

Went to another BB, spent some time to explain EB is a local store and have them to call to verify. Finally got it for $14.99 + tax (no 110% pricematch, otherwise, I couldn't use the coupon).

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: mcdull
I got shot down at the BestBuy, the manager said there are 2 versions and the one I want to pm was sold out :|
(somehow the one being sold in BB has a cover different than the covers I've seen online, is it a new cover?)
What an asshat! :|
Went to another BB, spent some time to explain EB is a local store and have them to call to verify. Finally got it for $14.99 + tax (no 110% pricematch, otherwise, I couldn't use the coupon).
Sweet!!! Nice goin my man!

Flugal

Aug 4, 2002

you can even take this deal one step further. It is $19.99 at all eb b&m stores. They should have some holiday catalogs out on the counter. (If they don't, ask associate for one.) There is a coupon in there to send in for a $10 gift voucher when you buy Metal Gear Substance. What a deal!!!!

kmac1914

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2002
Wow....I'll have to go back to EB tomorrow and pick up one of the catalogs. I scored on the deal right before the mall closed, after some covincing on my part...

Me: Could you scan a copy of MGS Substance for me?
Him: (without checkin) It's $50.
Me: It's $20 on the website.
Him: Not Substance...you might be thinking about the movie.
Me: Just scan it, please.
Him: I'm almost positive its $49.99.
*scans title*
Him: (shocked) Holy sh!t!....uh...that comes to $21.79
Me: :D

God, I love hot deals..

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Glad everybody is getting in on this deal :). Ordered online earlier today but am thinking about cancelling and going down to CC to pm after hearing about an even bigger discount.

Btw, there is only one version but some online stores never switched to the new boxart and are using the old one.

mcdull

Aug 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Flugal

you can even take this deal one step further. It is $19.99 at all eb b&m stores. They should have some holiday catalogs out on the counter. (If they don't, ask associate for one.) There is a coupon in there to send in for a $10 gift voucher when you buy Metal Gear Substance. What a deal!!!!

I really think it's mispriced as BB had just lowered it from $49.99 to $39.99 (the store I went to still had 2 prices on the shelf). Amazon still has it for $49.99. So, go get it before it's corrected.

spwango

Mar 7, 2001
I wouldn't use BB as a sign its an invalid price--it could just be overstock from the holidays--EB tends to lower their prices before other places do--likewise, it is odd for a price mistake to be reflected in local stores and online--this is no mistake.

kmac1914

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2002
I'm inclined to agree, because after i got the cashier to actually scan it, he checked a list of new prices for games, and apparently it was supposed to be marked down to 19.

He also mentioned that WWE Raw has been marked down to $10, if anyone is interested.

Feb 24, 2001
The only other thing I can think of is that they mistakenly did it as the PS2 version and not Xbox. The PS2 version goes for $14.99 or $19.99. I've seen it at Target as part of that best sellers thing (MGS2, GTA3, GT3, etc are $19.99 and $14.99)

Maybe they meant to adjust the PS2 version?

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Flugal
Nice way to turn up the heat on this one dude. Good find!

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: odoe
I'm confused by the math here. :confused:
How much was MGS2 at CC? CC shows it for $44.99 on their website...so using that figure I calc it as:

$44.99 - $19.99 = $25 * .1 = $2.50
$19.99 - $2.50 = $17.49 (& then tax)

How did they figure it to knock the pre-tax price down to $15.99?
I went to BB, but they didn't have any more of those gamers gift cards, just the regular ones, AND the line to pay was all the way to the rear of the store. Said screw that, and stopped at the newly relocated CC in West Covina, CA that was almost empty. No problems. I've never PM'ed anywhere before...I feel dirty.
Why dude? It's their stated policy to PM 110% with local competition. You didn't make them set that policy...so I don't understand your dilemma here. :confused: