BIG LIST - Gamecube Deals - 2000 posts and growing...

Page 83 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

keitaro

Jan 30, 2003
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles came out today. I was told the night before that you get a $10 gift card with the purchase of their advertised game, FF:CC included (look in ad to see selections). Used that gift card + the $5 gamer coupon towards Metroid: Zero Mission. Got it for $11 bucks after gift card and taxes applied. It's a good combo for those also having a GBA around to play games.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: keitaro
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles came out today. I was told the night before that you get a $10 gift card with the purchase of their advertised game, FF:CC included (look in ad to see selections). Used that gift card + the $5 gamer coupon towards Metroid: Zero Mission. Got it for $11 bucks after gift card and taxes applied. It's a good combo for those also having a GBA around to play games.
Am I missing something here? Where'd you buy it?

jinglingxl

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: tk149
Am I missing something here? Where'd you buy it?

Your LOCAL BB

salvorhardin

Jan 30, 2003
newegg.com has Star Wars Rebel Strike for $32.80 with free shipping. Other games that are in the clearance section are Namco R: Racing Evolution - $34.48. Gotcha Force - $30. XII - $33.20. All have free shipping.

You can actually get FF:CC for $45 after using the $5 gamers gift card, and then use the $10 gift card you received from buying FF:CC on Metroid: Zero Mission (which costs $25) and combining it with another $5 gamers gift card. Doing it this way you get both FF:CC and M:ZM for $55 plus tax.

keitaro

Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: salvorhardin
You can actually get FF:CC for $45 after using the $5 gamers gift card, and then use the $10 gift card you received from buying FF:CC on Metroid: Zero Mission (which costs $25) and combining it with another $5 gamers gift card. Doing it this way you get both FF:CC and M:ZM for $55 plus tax.
I find that using the $5 coupon on FF:CC to be a YMMV thing. I was told that either I use the coupon on it and not get the $10 GC or not use the coupon and get the $10 GC. Oh well.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: salvorhardin
I find that using the $5 coupon on FF:CC to be a YMMV thing. I was told that either I use the coupon on it and not get the $10 GC or not use the coupon and get the $10 GC. Oh well.

If they are telling you this, tell them to ring it up and watch what happens. I did it, and it worked. Also, today until monday night is one of there lovely 10% weekends, so until tomorrow night you can get the game for about $40 total, plus get a $10 GC if you have one of the coupons.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
THe KBToys that are closing down have 30% off the video games that are left. Don't know what games and what the prices are... didn't see anything noticeable.

Estarland.com has a GC freeloader for $19.95, and if purchased w/ any import game you get $5 off your total. I picked up Naruto 2 and the freeloader for ~$83 shipped. About $7 cheaper than if you were to buy form play-asia.com or lik-sang.com

keitaro

Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
THe KBToys that are closing down have 30% off the video games that are left. Don't know what games and what the prices are... didn't see anything noticeable.

Estarland.com has a GC freeloader for $19.95, and if purchased w/ any import game you get $5 off your total. I picked up Naruto 2 and the freeloader for ~$83 shipped. About $7 cheaper than if you were to buy form play-asia.com or lik-sang.com

"U" "zu" "ma" "ki!" "Naruto Rendan!!!"

Mephistokur

Nov 29, 2001
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin for 12.98 at my local Target. They had several others, but I don't remember them offhand. Also had Clone Wars and a few other titles for 9.98. In my local store, these are *not* in the glass case. Look for a display in the game controller aisle or elsewhere.

FreakyX3

May 18, 2003
According to today's ad, Fry's Electronics will have Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for $29.99 on March 11th at noon.

annihilator

Nov 23, 1999
Originally posted by: FreakyX3
According to today's ad, Fry's Electronics will have Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for $29.99 on March 11th at noon.

Wow, nice deal. Just checked Newegg this morning and they have PoP: Sands of Time and Viewtiful Joe for $35 each with free shipping.

link

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Weekly ad from Target B&M has

Soul Calibur 2 for $26.88 (PS2 & GC)
Super Smash Bros. $26.88

Luigi's Mansion $16.88
And if you don't have a Fry's in the area (like me :() Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes $39.99.

FreakyX3

May 18, 2003
Starting April 29th, Nintendo will update its Players Choice line:

$29.99:
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Wario World

$19.99:
F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime

Monoman

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2001
good stuff..... although, I wishg the wavebirds price was a little lower. bump for the best wireless controller period IMO :D

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: FreakyX3
Starting April 29th, Nintendo will update its Players Choice line:

$29.99:
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Wario World

$19.99:
F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime

F-Zero GX for $20 is hot.
Mario Golf for $30 is blazing.

Jayrcee

Aug 27, 2003
Target has Knockout Kings 2003 for $4.98 and Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast for $7.48.