Biden: McConnell stopped Obama from calling out Russians

Mar 11, 2004
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/23/mitch-mcconnell-russia-obama-joe-biden-359531

This helps explain why we weren't hearing more as it was happening.

McConnell’s office disputed this account, pointing to a letter signed by all four congressional leaders in September 2016 and sent to the president of the National Association of State Election Directors, urging cybersecurity precautions in light of reports of attempted hacking.

Yeah, Mitch, because that's what fucking happened. Dipshit. Letters like that shouldn't need to be sent because it should always be mandated to be taking utmost security precautions. That's not the only way your elections can be meddled with, moron. Considering the info that's come out, he had to have known it was more than that, so why he thinks that in some way absolves him is...well par for modern Republicans.

This is looking worse and worse for Republicans, as they've been playing dumb trying to act like they had no idea (or worse have been actively trying to interfere or just spread FUD), but its looking more and more like the whole party was aware of what was going on and chose to deliberately lie to the American people on the hope that they'd get the result they got.

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
There was a story last year I think about a PAC used for republicans that was being funded by Russia, just saying

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Jeez... Is it time to resurrect my Russian Hacking (You People are Idiots) thread? Even Obama's fear of the consequences of partisan politics obstructed putting attention where it was needed. I thought at the time that he was simply too soft, but this helps mitigate his bad choice then. Unfortunately, nearly everyone in Washington still fails to climb out under the rock of the sunk cost fallacy of the partisan game. Someone with enough influence needs to go after Russia with earnest despite the damage it will do to whichever party they represent. Then someone needs to start a legit impeachment process for Trump. Just fucking do it. It's the right thing for the country. Don't even think of what it might do to your party, your funding, your reelection, whatever. America needs someone who cares more about her.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Jeez... Is it time to resurrect my Russian Hacking (You People are Idiots) thread? Even Obama's fear of the consequences of partisan politics obstructed putting attention where it was needed. I thought at the time that he was simply too soft, but this helps mitigate his bad choice then. Unfortunately, nearly everyone in Washington still fails to climb out under the rock of the sunk cost fallacy of the partisan game. Someone with enough influence needs to go after Russia with earnest despite the damage it will do to whichever party they represent. Then someone needs to start a legit impeachment process for Trump. Just fucking do it. It's the right thing for the country. Don't even think of what it might do to your party, your funding, your reelection, whatever. America needs someone who cares more about her.

That... that's really nice. really, really, really, really, truely nice. Both sides. People like you are why we have what we have now.

You, and those like you, believe there's a common humanity and decency, when it's shown to you it's not. Well, sweetheart, count yourself lucky that CHIP was refunded to help out your niece....

Last edited:

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
That... that's really nice. really, really, really, really, truely nice. Both sides. People like you are why we have what we have now.

You, and those like you, believe there's a common humanity and decency, when it's shown to you it's not. Well, sweetheart, count yourself lucky that CHIP was refunded to help out your niece....

I'm responsible for partisanship because I want people to act in the interest of the country instead of themselves?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

How do you "go after Russia" when they merely echo & enhance the rhetoric of the Republican Party currently in power?

The GOP has been tearing America apart since Gingrich, at least. Putin just helps them do it.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How do you "go after Russia" when they merely echo & enhance the rhetoric of the Republican Party currently in power?

The GOP has been tearing America apart since Gingrich, at least. Putin just helps them do it.
At least 3 of the last 5 Republican presidents made deals/worked with foreign governments, against the interests of the United States, to help their election chances.

This is the party of Nixon, not Lincoln.