Biden hints at Obama executive order (concerning guns)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Are you kidding? Did you actually type that with a straight face?

Let's see, the Vice-President of the United States says the executive branch may use executive powers to sidestep legal law in the country in a video and a few Democrats say there's no reason to debate or discuss what he's proposed until it's already taken effect?

The problem is he hasn't actually proposed anything yet. So until that point you're just getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The problem is he hasn't actually proposed anything yet. So until that point you're just getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.

This is typical for Obama though. He has one of his minions float the idea. If there is some traction expect him to propose something. The best thing for people who dont want the president issuing an executive order curtailing gun rights is to let him know it is a dead issue. He will toss Biden under the bus for being an idiot to even propose such and idea and let Pelosi and Reid be the assholes for proposing weapon bans the public dont want.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
No it means he will waste his political capital on a losing issue.

IMO the lack of gun control legislation over the last four years was as much of a win for Democrats as it was for gun advocates.

Nov 8, 2012
IMO the lack of gun control legislation over the last four years was as much of a win for Democrats as it was for gun advocates.

IMO the lack of knowledge the average person (such as you) have on the subject over the last 4 years was a win for Democrats and their kool kids (failed skewl) krew. Gun crimes have drastically been reduced, but your local media doesn't want you to know that :rolleyes:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I love conservative paranoia threads. They're always so entertaining and reaffirm my decision to be liberal.

Conservative paranoia is pretty amusing, but are you serious? That's what affirms your decision to be liberal? Liberals are just as crazy as conservatives.

You've watch Penn and Teller Bullshit, right? Go to an eco-kook rally and try to get anything resembling scientific fact from that huge group of whacked out stoners who want to ban anything and everything that science has produced because it's not natural.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
There's plenty. Obama wants an AWB. That means any magazine or weapon capable of firing more than 10 rounds could be made an NFA item. Possession of NFA item without appropriate tax stamp is a felony. This thread shows this administration is willing to do anything including EO to achieve that goal.

Most all weapons people own would be considered an assault weapon because they hold more than 10 rounds = most gun owners would become felons with the stroke of a pen.

Not paying attention, are you?

Your taking info from all over the place to create something.

Lets grab a little from Feinstein a little here and create a perfect paranoia scenario.

Your history of predicting should in itself calm fears.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
IMO the lack of knowledge the average person (such as you) have on the subject over the last 4 years was a win for Democrats and their kool kids (failed skewl) krew. Gun crimes have drastically been reduced, but your local media doesn't want you to know that :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain you didn't understand my comment. I'm absolutely certain you have no idea how knowledgeable I am on this subject.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
what I do like about these threads is the shortcut in demonstrating who is whacked out of their heads.

Lots of Gun lovers not posting insane shit in here :)

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
I would suggest buying more guns, at inflated prices, in response to this news.

Nice sarcasm, but most of the suppliers and shops, especially locally here, have done more business in ammo, mags, and firearms in 2 months than they usually do in 2 years.

Let's face it some bans of some sort are likely to happen, whether is mags over 10 rounds or a semi-automatic gun ban of some nature. Something is gonna happen, libs will not let a tragedy like this pass without it.

Apr 27, 2012
That asshole pos obama, A big F u to his idiots, this man wants to violate the rights of American citizens and should be impeached for this immediately. Does the SOB have no shame? Let him go and try to take away the guns from Americans and the response should be interesting. Will be fun to watch him get his ass kicked by American citizens standing up for themselves against this tyrant.

Any obama supporters still going to defend that pos?

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
That asshole pos obama, A big F u to his idiots, this man wants to violate the rights of American citizens and should be impeached for this immediately. Does the SOB have no shame? Let him go and try to take away the guns from Americans and the response should be interesting. Will be fun to watch him get his ass kicked by American citizens standing up for themselves against this tyrant.

He hasn't done anything related to this issue at this point.
but don't let that stop your hyperbole ;)

jstern01

Mar 25, 2010

Get over it, there is not going to be any impeachment. If he decides to use an EO to implement AWB, then it will be challenged in the courts. If the courts decide its illegal, then the ban is illegal. But if you think he is out to violate the rights of American citizens, please present any policy he as implemented, not proposed or hypothetical ones, concrete ones.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Get over it, there is not going to be any impeachment. If he decides to use an EO to implement AWB, then it will be challenged in the courts. If the courts decide its illegal, then the ban is illegal. But if you think he is out to violate the rights of American citizens, please present any policy he as implemented, not proposed or hypothetical ones, concrete ones.

*Crickets*

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Are you kidding? Did you actually type that with a straight face?

Let's see, the Vice-President of the United States says the executive branch may use executive powers to sidestep legal law in the country in a video and a few Democrats say there's no reason to debate or discuss what he's proposed until it's already taken effect?

He wouldn't take away our guns. He gave us his word :)

jstern01

Mar 25, 2010
This isnt the first time the pos has done something like this. He gave us the NDAA, assassination of American citizens and more.

NDAA is the defense budget you troll, and its renew every year.

I will give you the assassination of U.S. citizens stretches the boundaries of right to a fair trial. But the US gov't has done things that often intrude on the individuals rights in times of war (ie war on terror). One need only look at Roosevelt's EO to round up Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor and these were 2 and 3rd generation Americans citiziens.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Reclassify items to be covered under NFA. The executive branch can do this as they execute the law. NFA is of course the law.

The NFA is pretty clear about the categories it regulates but I suppose it could be accomplished through the Any Other Weapon category, though I'd expect successful legal challenges (probably preceded by an injunction) if they went that way.

Apr 27, 2012

obama is a POS :D. Here are the links that you requested

NDAA- http://www.salon.com/2013/01/03/obama_signs_ndaa_again/

Patriot act- http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-supports-extending-patriot-act/story?id=8582891

Assassination of Awlaki- http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...wlaki-obama-left-the-constitution-behind.html

Warrantless eavesdropping- http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50701

Killing civilians in Pakistan -http://www.globalresearch.ca/killing-civilians-obamas-drone-war-in-pakistan/5315661

Violates free speech- http://www.examiner.com/article/oba...-free-speech-rights-through-recent-regulation

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
This isnt the first time the pos has done something like this. He gave us the NDAA, assassination of American citizens and more.

I think the NDAA is horseshit, Just like I thought the patriot act was horseshit, Bush's executive power grabs horseshit.

Doesn't change the fact your hyperbolic about something he hasn't done, may not do and likely will not equate the severity being cried about here.

But its a slippery slope you say? , Yup same shit as '94, and that expired without renewal.

Bunch of jacked up nut jobs of which you are king nut.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
On a related note I've been checking the value of my collection against the gun auction sites. If I sold off just the mags and ammo I could buy a new 3 series BMW. :eek: