Biden hints at Obama executive order (concerning guns)

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
So are you admitting your statement, "Mass murders specifically target gun free zones every time." is nonsense, or are you just going to burrow deeper into your delusions and pretend you didn't say that? Or maybe you'll just avoid the thread until it rolls onto a new page, or in some other way try to change the subject. What's it going to be this time?

Last edited:

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Yes, hysteria. When Sandy Hook happened, the gun rights people were cautious and wary about politicians jumping the gun control bandwagon, yet the Libs laughed and said we were hysterical. Then we were "hysterical" over national level politicians, bureaucrats, media types, and "celebrities" ramping up the vicious anti-gun rhetoric. But we were warned not to be hysterical. Then policymakers at the national and a slew of others at the state level began introducing a wide range of restrictive gun control measures... but we were being hysterical. Then multiple states quickly started passing actual laws and Obama goes on TV and states an AWB should be re-instated, along with magazine restrictions, but damnit, the Libs say we are still just hysterical. And the whole time dimwits from internet forums and other sources continually misrepresent the purpose and meaning of the 2nd Amendment, or outright oppose it entirely. But, we're still being hysterical.

Wow, I'm starting to think you people only say that to help silence opposition while you ramrod shit down people's throats. That couldn't be it, you're right, there's nothing to be worried about. :rolleyes:
Nice revisionist history (or maybe it's revisionist hysteria). If you have specific examples elsewhere, feel free to rebut them there. In this thread, the claim -- and the very real, very over the top hysteria -- was that Obama was going to "repeal the 2nd Amendment" by executive order, or at the very least substantially compromise it by EO. That hysteria was simply and factually unsupported noise.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
He would if he could, have you not listened to him? Listened to "he demands a stop to any magazine over 10 rounds", "I demand congress pass AWB"

That is a fucking dictator. Thankfully the constitution can stop him. And thank GOD for republicans in the house otherwise his dictatorial demands would be lapped up and passed by the legislative branch. All you need to do is look at NY state for what obama and liberals want.

I am right, you are wrong and purely delusional to what the fuckstain in office really is and what his goals are.
If President Obama is such a "fucking dictator" why is he even calling for legislation? A dictator issues orders, not demands for legislative action.

Pay more attention to the outside world and less attention to the voices in your head...

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I hope the massive demand and proliferation of AR-15 type firearms continues and a ban fails in the legislature... which is pretty likely. Good job gun-grabbers, you've probably put 5x more "assault" weapons into circulation for nothing.

eh, maybe it will bring prices down in the long run

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yes, hysteria. When Sandy Hook happened, the gun rights people were cautious and wary about politicians jumping the gun control bandwagon, yet the Libs laughed and said we were hysterical. Then we were "hysterical" over national level politicians, bureaucrats, media types, and "celebrities" ramping up the vicious anti-gun rhetoric. But we were warned not to be hysterical. Then policymakers at the national and a slew of others at the state level began introducing a wide range of restrictive gun control measures... but we were being hysterical. Then multiple states quickly started passing actual laws and Obama goes on TV and states an AWB should be re-instated, along with magazine restrictions, but damnit, the Libs say we are still just hysterical. And the whole time dimwits from internet forums and other sources continually misrepresent the purpose and meaning of the 2nd Amendment, or outright oppose it entirely. But, we're still being hysterical.

Wow, I'm starting to think you people only say that to help silence opposition while you ramrod shit down people's throats. That couldn't be it, you're right, there's nothing to be worried about. :rolleyes:

What exactly has been taken away from you by today's announcement? Was the 2nd repealed via EO like so many hysterical nutters in this thread claimed it would be? Wait, it wasn't repealed? Well I'll be ...

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Nice revisionist history (or maybe it's revisionist hysteria). If you have specific examples elsewhere, feel free to rebut them there. In this thread, the claim -- and the very real, very over the top hysteria -- was that Obama was going to "repeal the 2nd Amendment" by executive order, or at the very least substantially compromise it by EO. That hysteria was simply and factually unsupported noise.

What is revisionist? In every gun thread in P&N there are people lambasting "gun nuts" for being hysterical, saying nothing has been passed yet. Well, gun control frothing is rampant from the media types to politicians to celebrities to regular internet posters, legislation is being proposed and passed at state and national levels, and Obama wants to bring back an AWB and ban large capacity mags. Don't be a fucking idiot, the movement has been strong and fast to gain as much traction on this issue before the political capital from the tragedy runs out, but gut rights supporters are being hysterical? No, people like you are being purposely obtuse by trying to focus in on the extreme of the extreme, the 1.5 people in this thread that actually believe Obama has the capability to nullify the 2nd Amendment with an EO. Real policy, overly restrictive policy, is being proposed, debated, and passed right now... that's what people are worried about.

But you'll spend all your time screaming at all the "gun nuts" in this thread and others for being hysterical, talk about a person with blinders on, raging against the 1% who are looney while ignoring the real concerns of normal people.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
What exactly has been taken away from you?

Me, or the people in New York, Delaware, or Conn that have already passed some laws or the dozen other states that have serious gun control restrictions moving through their legislatures? Or the Obama proposal to bring back an AWB and ban high capacity mags? Oh, wait... you're implying I should not give a damn until it's already law and finally affects me personally and not just others. Wow, can't beat that logic, people should never voice support or opposition before a law takes effect and directly impacts them. Thanks for that awesome lesson in the worst citizenship ever.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Was the 2nd repealed via EO like so many hysterical nutters in this thread claimed it would be? Wait, it wasn't repealed? Well I'll be ...

Nope, of course it wasn't, but can you give me a couple quotes from anyone in this thread who specifically claimed it would be repealed, like you said? I mean you say there are so many hysterical nutters in this thread claiming Obama would repeal the 2nd Amendment with an EO, it should be real easy, right? Pretty please, because I saw some people worried Obama might try something shady to circumnavigate the 2nd Amendment or Congress, and I saw a ton of people saying Obama didn't have the authority to repeal the 2nd Amendment, but where are the hordes who said it would be repealed? Maybe your manufactured outrage and self-righteousness has got the better of you by focusing on what 1 or 2 people thinks while ignoring the concerns of the vast majority.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Nope, of course it wasn't, but can you give me a couple quotes from anyone in this thread who specifically claimed it would be repealed, like you said? I mean you say there are so many hysterical nutters in this thread claiming Obama would repeal the 2nd Amendment with an EO, it should be real easy, right? Pretty please, because I saw some people worried Obama might try something shady to circumnavigate the 2nd Amendment or Congress, and I saw a ton of people saying Obama didn't have the authority to repeal the 2nd Amendment, but where are the hordes who said it would be repealed? Maybe your manufactured outrage and self-righteousness has got the better of you by focusing on what 1 or 2 people thinks while ignoring the concerns of the vast majority.

You got here after a mod changed the original thread title, didn't you?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Nope, of course it wasn't, but can you give me a couple quotes from anyone in this thread who specifically claimed it would be repealed, like you said?...
The original thread title said exactly that. DrPizza edited it for accuracy.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
What is revisionist? In every gun thread in P&N there are people lambasting "gun nuts" for being hysterical, saying nothing has been passed yet. Well, gun control frothing is rampant from the media types to politicians to celebrities to regular internet posters, legislation is being proposed and passed at state and national levels, and Obama wants to bring back an AWB and ban large capacity mags.
Reading impaired, I take it? Too many words? What part of, " In this thread, the claim -- and the very real, very over the top hysteria -- was that Obama was going to 'repeal the 2nd Amendment' by executive order, or at the very least substantially compromise it by EO. That hysteria was simply and factually unsupported noise. " is too hard for you?

Don't be a fucking idiot,
No worries, your position is safe. Yet another sign of your limited intellect, that you immediately fall to such belligerent vitriol.

the movement has been strong and fast to gain as much traction on this issue before the political capital from the tragedy runs out, but gut rights supporters are being hysterical? No, people like you are being purposely obtuse by trying to focus in on the extreme of the extreme, the 1.5 people in this thread that actually believe Obama has the capability to nullify the 2nd Amendment with an EO. Real policy, overly restrictive policy, is being proposed, debated, and passed right now... that's what people are worried about.

But you'll spend all your time screaming at all the "gun nuts" in this thread and others for being hysterical, talk about a person with blinders on, raging against the 1% who are looney while ignoring the real concerns of normal people.
Yes, that's called being on topic. You might look into that. There are many gun threads. This specific one was about what Obama would do via executive order, and it was hysteric nonsense. I'm sorry you find it odd that someone would actually focus on the subject of the thread, but context is a bitch.

Of course, for the record, had you actually bothered to read the thread instead of bumbling in with your mouth blazing, you might have seen that I also considered the concerns of more rational gun supporters, myself included. Among other general pro 2nd Amendment comments, I also warned that loons like Spidey are hurting our case. Nonetheless, that is a tangent to this thread.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
The original thread title said exactly that. DrPizza edited it for accuracy.

That's cool, so where are the quotes of people posting saying Obama was going to repeal the 2nd Amendment with an EO? It seems to be a few in the beginning were angry if Obama did something like that, but who actually said Obama would repeal the 2nd Amendment with an EO?

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Reading impaired, I take it? Too many words? What part of, " In this thread, the claim -- and the very real, very over the top hysteria -- was that Obama was going to 'repeal the 2nd Amendment' by executive order, or at the very least substantially compromise it by EO. That hysteria was simply and factually unsupported noise. " is too hard for you?

Let me get this straight. I give a simple accounting of what is happening in the US in regards to the gun control debate, pointing out the anti-gun hysteria and policies being created and passed, and the concern many people have with that direction... and you claim I'm being revisionist "in this thread" You damn dumb moron, how can you say I was being revisionist in this thread when my specific comments were about the situation in the US? Are we not allowed to comment on what's going on int he world, or are we only supposed to rage rage rage on the 1.5 people in this thread who actually believed Obama was going to repeal an Amendment with an EO?

Yes, that's called being on topic. You might look into that. There are many gun threads. This specific one was about what Obama would do via executive order, and it was hysteric nonsense. I'm sorry you find it odd that someone would actually focus on the subject of the thread, but context is a bitch.

No, you'd like to make the postings of a couple people the subject of this thread. The thread is about what would Obama do via EO, and there was some good concern about possible overreach, yet where are all those posts saying Obama was going to repeal the 2nd Amendment?

Of course, for the record, had you actually bothered to read the thread instead of bumbling in with your mouth blazing, you might have seen that I also considered the concerns of more rational gun supporters, myself included. Among other general pro 2nd Amendment comments, I also warned that loons like Spidey are hurting our case. Nonetheless, that is a tangent to this thread.

If you bothered to be fair and sincere, you would not be painting a huge group of concerned people as hysterical gun nuts because a nutter like Spidey says crazy shit. Most of what I've read were legitimate concerns that Obama would push for an AWB and magazine bans, possibly through EOs. Guess, what, it wasn't that far off. As it turns out the EOs were relatively benign, yet Obama is officially advocating those bans, so what's the problem again? Oh yeah, you'd rather get lathered up over the comments of a known P&N nutball instead of seeing the big picture: AWB and magazine bans will be attempted.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
cwjerome, quite a few of the posts were referencing the title and the basic idea of it.

Basically every post for the first few pages that says "if he does this" is referring to repealing the 2nd amendment through EO. It was pure, hysterical batshittery.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Let me get this straight. I give a simple accounting of what is happening in the US in regards to the gun control debate, pointing out the anti-gun hysteria and policies being created and passed, and the concern many people have with that direction... and you claim I'm being revisionist "in this thread" You damn dumb moron, how can you say I was being revisionist in this thread when my specific comments were about the situation in the US? ...
You're not a very honest person, are you, though you do seem to love revising history. You didn't just start with a "simple accounting", you started with a series of attacks on "Libs" for a bunch of straw men (at least within this thread) about what "Libs" were calling hysteria. I invited you to address such examples where they actually appeared, but pointed out that in this thread the "hysteria" criticism was targeted at the loons claiming Obama was going to repeal, or severely undermine the 2nd Amendment via EO.

If you bothered to be fair and sincere, you would not be painting a huge group of concerned people as hysterical gun nuts because a nutter like Spidey says crazy shit. ...
If you'd haul your intellectually lazy and pathologically dishonest butt down from your high horse, you might notice that my criticism was expressly NOT aimed at that huge group of (rationally) concerned people, but only at the loons like Spidey. Indeed, you will find that many other people, including some pretty vocal gun supporters, joined together in condemning the hysteria of those nutters. If you can find a quote of me saying Obama would never go after "assault" weapons via legislation, I will gladly apologize and concede your point. Otherwise, you're just blowing noise out your rectum and are too immature to acknowledge your mistake. (Hint, I didn't say anything like that because I've always recognized that was a real possibility. I am one of that "huge group" concerned about emotional overreaction to the Sandy Hook shooting. But that's never what this thread was about.)

Now, the honorable thing for you to do would be say, "My bad. I didn't read the thread and misunderstood what everyone was talking about." I have zero expectation you will do so.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
You're not a very honest person, are you, though you do seem to love revising history. You didn't just start with a "simple accounting", you started with a series of attacks on "Libs" for a bunch of straw men (at least within this thread) about what "Libs" were calling hysteria. I invited you to address such examples where they actually appeared, but pointed out that in this thread the "hysteria" criticism was targeted at the loons claiming Obama was going to repeal, or severely undermine the 2nd Amendment via EO.

Here is what I was responding to:

"What did today's announcement "curb stomp" other than the hysteric paranoia from gun nutjobs?"

I took this attack on "gun nutjobs" to be another broad assault on the very sensible concerns of gun rights people, like so many we've seen over the weeks, in so many threads on P&N and elsewhere. In nearly every thread the same argument of overreaction, hysteria, and paranoia is spouted against nearly all pro gun people. These last couple weeks have convinced me that a lot of Libs here think legitimate concern over excessive control means you are hysterical, which is bullshit. So I took a big picture look at what's going on and here is what I said:

"Yes, hysteria. When Sandy Hook happened, the gun rights people were cautious and wary about politicians jumping the gun control bandwagon, yet the Libs laughed and said we were hysterical. Then we were "hysterical" over national level politicians, bureaucrats, media types, and "celebrities" ramping up the vicious anti-gun rhetoric. But we were warned not to be hysterical. Then policymakers at the national and a slew of others at the state level began introducing a wide range of restrictive gun control measures... but we were being hysterical. Then multiple states quickly started passing actual laws and Obama goes on TV and states an AWB should be re-instated, along with magazine restrictions, but damnit, the Libs say we are still just hysterical. And the whole time dimwits from internet forums and other sources continually misrepresent the purpose and meaning of the 2nd Amendment, or outright oppose it entirely. But, we're still being hysterical."

There is no thread revisionism going on there, I am stating what I see to be true in this country, and this thread is a microcosm. We are seeing real plans and real action being taken to curb gun rights but the Libs will get hung up on the one or two known nutters and then dance around the issue. I cannot find anyone is this thread who directly stated in any way that Obama would repeal the 2nd Amendment with an EO, yet every bleeding heart is chiming in about the hysterics of people in this thread. Of course there's a couple loons, but I see many more people claiming Obama could not and would not do such a thing. My main point is that we're continually told to calm down and quit being hysterical (by using the rants of a nutjob or two) while real issues exist and real policies are being forged.

If you'd haul your intellectually lazy and pathologically dishonest butt down from your high horse, you might notice that my criticism was expressly NOT aimed at that huge group of (rationally) concerned people, but only at the loons like Spidey. Indeed, you will find that many other people, including some pretty vocal gun supporters, joined together in condemning the hysteria of those nutters. If you can find a quote of me saying Obama would never go after "assault" weapons via legislation, I will gladly apologize and concede your point. Otherwise, you're just blowing noise out your rectum and are too immature to acknowledge your mistake. (Hint, I didn't say anything like that because I've always recognized that was a real possibility. I am one of that "huge group" concerned about emotional overreaction to the Sandy Hook shooting. But that's never what this thread was about.)

I'm super duper pleased you are magnanimous enough to criticize the occasional nutter, that's very brave of you, now you might be able to take that next step and properly criticize the mass of retards who are painting us all in a broad brush. I say this because you seem ignorant of the situation I explained about initially, how we are continually patted on the head and told not to be hysterical when in fact we're just concerned over legitimate issues and real laws being proposed and passed. You ignorance is also demonstrated by the fact that in this thread you've been cheerleading the chorus of "Quit being hysterical!" when in fact, the majority of posters have been extremely reasonable while a couple are up to their usual antics.

You have obviously misread what I said because I used the term 'Lib' and that instantly shut down your thinking ability. There is no revisionism, I have simply stated what I have observed in society lately, as it applies to this thread. If you can offer up some real quotes from this thread that shows more than 1 or 2 people believe Obama was going to repeal the 2nd Amendment with an EO, then you're right and I'm wrong. Otherwise, you are the same as all the other tools who rant about the "hysteria" of "gun nutjobs" when, aside from the expected fanatic or two, the vast majority of the discourse is reasonable and warranted.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
What is revisionist? In every gun thread in P&N there are people lambasting "gun nuts" for being hysterical, saying nothing has been passed yet. Well, gun control frothing is rampant from the media types to politicians to celebrities to regular internet posters, legislation is being proposed and passed at state and national levels, and Obama wants to bring back an AWB and ban large capacity mags. Don't be a fucking idiot, the movement has been strong and fast to gain as much traction on this issue before the political capital from the tragedy runs out, but gut rights supporters are being hysterical? No, people like you are being purposely obtuse by trying to focus in on the extreme of the extreme, the 1.5 people in this thread that actually believe Obama has the capability to nullify the 2nd Amendment with an EO. Real policy, overly restrictive policy, is being proposed, debated, and passed right now... that's what people are worried about.

Sounds like you're hysterical right now. :cool:

and FYI, I fully support the choice of a citizen to bear arms, but I find it quite amusing the amount of hysteria on threads like this coming from crazed loony conservatards.

Last edited:

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Do you post anything original or you just plagiarize whatever you find on the internet and quote it as your own in your idiotic hysterical posts?

I think he is just a bot that searches the internet for redneck right wing propaganda and sayings.