BF3 Crashes Because?

IGhzI

Nov 6, 2011
It has to do with me changing the textures for Online campaign is fine. When I was using a 5770 I couldnt get it to run on high so I set the textures to low then the rest on medium. Now with upgrading to a 670 same thing but now it seems to run on all medium settings. Now all my other games are not giving me a problem what so ever. I've tried a lot of methods, drivers,new audio driver and different hdd. What's going on anyone know?

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I had some of the same issues with crashing, through a 6950, SLI 570, and Crossfire 6950. When I got new SSD's and a new card, I reformatted and reinstalled everything, and have had zero issues. Not sure what my issue was though man :/

power_hour

Oct 16, 2010
Could be a driver issue. Other common areas: high temps, OC'd CPU, faulty memory, virus/spyware, angry wife's karma (you would be surprised).

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
The battlefield Engine is quite sensitive to CPU and GPU stability.

If you're overclocked, you aught to check your stability with 24hr prime custom test.

--- use only 1344k and up, and utilize as much free ram as you can upon boot up.

Software problems are pretty unlikely, unless you use the software that comes bundled with your hardware, like those iffy asus system monitors, or any other OS based overclocking/ monitor tools.

IGhzI

Nov 6, 2011
The battlefield Engine is quite sensitive to CPU and GPU stability.

If you're overclocked, you aught to check your stability with 24hr prime custom test.

--- use only 1344k and up, and utilize as much free ram as you can upon boot up.

Software problems are pretty unlikely, unless you use the software that comes bundled with your hardware, like those iffy asus system monitors, or any other OS based overclocking/ monitor tools.

Well heres the thing I've tried two different sets of ram mean while running at stock clocks.. Wtf

IGhzI

Nov 6, 2011
Find out the problem but haven't fixed it yet. It has something to do with the textures. I have everything on ultra but the textures are on low and runs just fine. What going on here?

reallyscrued

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2004
Re-install it to be safe. From orbit.

Man I miss the days games had separate D3DApps to choose vid card settings.

IGhzI

Nov 6, 2011
I just reinstalled windows and all the drivers on another hard drive same thing.. what a joke

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Crashes for me as well, 5-10 mins of playing it will freeze my computer. I tried everything I could except for one thing. I read it has to do with sound drivers and if you took out your sound card and use a usb headphone... blah blah blah. Didn't bother with that. No big loss, I don't actually like the game play, I think BC2 is MUCH better.. too bad that game is dying.

$60 down the tube for BF3.

IGhzI

Nov 6, 2011
Crashes for me as well, 5-10 mins of playing it will freeze my computer. I tried everything I could except for one thing. I read it has to do with sound drivers and if you took out your sound card and use a usb headphone... blah blah blah. Didn't bother with that. No big loss, I don't actually like the game play, I think BC2 is MUCH better.. too bad that game is dying.

$60 down the tube for BF3.
The sound card is build into the board. I think bf3 is the best out of the series personally but I came from the bfmc xbox to a Pentium 4 then playing bf2 for awhile but this was years after its release. BC it didn't seem like bf to me, like what ea did with the crysis series it was just off. But with bf3 looks like they may end up going call of duty style in the long run. I'm just rocking this game till arma 3 hits the CD drive.