BF2142 * edited with new questions

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Went to play some Titan mode today and managed to get rank on my 2nd game. (not a biggie as I was about 24 points away when I started. What was pretty cool was when I got 2 ranks in a single match about 4 games later. The enemy had most of the silos and 2 of our panels destroyed. The titan defense was pretty much all camped in the 1 open panel corridor trying to hold out. Between tossing ammo packs and keeping my sentry gun up I managed 2 more ranks and 4 badges/pins. By far the most I've ever done in a single game. Was going to get another badge for finishing in the top 3, but some ass got 2 more kills after the titan destroyed message.

Now to decide what to do with my 3 unlocks. I've got all but the shotgun on my support guy and will probably skip that. Decided between assault and recon (seen a guy get 20 knife kills the other day in stealth and was quit impressed).

New question; why does it seem that all the titan maps now have it that you can't move the titans.

Was looking at the war college ribbon, how do you get selected CO. I've seen the meesage about elections but no vote or nominate options appear.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
The shotgun is pretty fun for titan defense and attacking. It's almost always close quarters 1 to 2 shots takes 'em down. Plus there's a badge or award (I forget which) for shotgun kills.

ourfpshero

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
the revive and rocket launcher for assault goes a long way especially for conquest maps

2Dead

Feb 19, 2005
Originally posted by: bunker
The shotgun is pretty fun for titan defense and attacking. It's almost always close quarters 1 to 2 shots takes 'em down. Plus there's a badge or award (I forget which) for shotgun kills.

Its a pin and 10 points I believe.

Originally posted by: ourfpshero
the revive and rocket launcher for assault goes a long way especially for conquest maps

Same is true in titan def and off.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I was just pretty freaked out to be playing and have the rewards start rolling in like a pinball machine. Can't say I've ever done that before. 2 ranks, 2 silver medals, 1 bronze medal, and a pin.

Torn between Recon and Assault as my next class.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
New question; why does it seem that all the titan maps now have it that you can't move the titans.

I haven't played in a while but it used to be, on some servers, whenever the titans moved there was serious lag so server admins disabled it. Then EA released a patch that caused the Titans to stop moving after the shield was down thinking the problem was when people were fighting on the titan.

Was looking at the war college ribbon, how do you get selected CO. I've seen the meesage about elections but no vote or nominate options appear.
Again, i haven't played in a while, but at the beginning of a map there's a message that comes up saying press <some key> to apply for commander. It goes by rank, so if you're a really low rank and someone higher applied, they'll get it. It's automatic, there is no vote.