BF2: no points since installing Highway Tampa map

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
WTF, on the 12th, I installed the Highway Tampa Demo map. Now, even when I play ranked servers one maps like Gulf of Oman, ect, my points # in BFHQ does not increase. Also, it show the last date played as 6/12/07.

Any idea what's going on?

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I think the EA stats are having some troubles in general. My stats are back up, but they were reccorded from a few days back up. It could be Highway Tampa doesn't have full support yet. Btw, how is that map going?

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
It's a good map if that's what you're into (long distances between bases, few vehicles)
But if you don't get a ride, it's a bitch
I played it 2-3 times and gave up on it...not my cup of tea.
Some people rave about it

the Chase

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2005
Originally posted by: redly1
It's a good map if that's what you're into (long distances between bases, few vehicles)
But if you don't get a ride, it's a bitch
I played it 2-3 times and gave up on it...not my cup of tea.
Some people rave about it

My take on it is it's just a craptastic Intel ad.

Josh7289

Apr 19, 2005
From Wikipedia:

"Highway Tampa (beta version officially released on June 5, 2007) was released in beta form by DICE. The map was made in a partnership between Intel and DICE. Various boxes with Intel Core 2 Extreme logos can be seen around the map. The Intel billboards from Battlefield 2142 are also scattered throughout the map, including one that makes reference to the Core 2 Duo being around for 136 years. The storyline of the map is that the player is supposed to kill shipments of Intel Core 2 Duos."

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
................................................................WTF?

Josh7289

Apr 19, 2005
ya rly

I'm not sure what they were thinking, but it seems even worse because of these apparent new problems the map introduced. There's no way I'm putting that on my machine.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
It's not Highway Tampa causing the problem. The Gamespy stat servers are down and not recording the data from the game servers. EA says they're working on it.

It would be ironic if the release of the new map drew back too many people who weren't playing BF2 anymore, and that caused the stat crash.

effee

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2004
so its not recording...meaning that all the points that we have gained so far are not counted

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
More Frag
Less Lag

As others have mentioned, the Gamespy stat servers are down. Two years after BF2's release. Possibly the contract ran out, and Gamespy is negotiating with EA to pay for them to continue running the servers. Since it's been over a week, I doubt it can be a technical problem as they would have discovered/corrected the problem.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I look at it this way, with the terrible EA support, I welcome Intel to give us maps. I mean really, BF2 has been out how long and we only had 2 official maps? lol

Maybe I'm still trying to use Valve as a benchmark for all game companies to follow..

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: imaheadcase
I look at it this way, with the terrible EA support, I welcome Intel to give us maps. I mean really, BF2 has been out how long and we only had 2 official maps? lol

Maybe I'm still trying to use Valve as a benchmark for all game companies to follow..

Comparing Valve to EA on the issue of support - funny stuff!
I'm still cursing EA for refusing to allow direct-connection online play in several of their titles (such as most of the Need for Speed series). They force you to connect online via their servers, which they promptly shut down when a newer version comes out, removing online play altogether! :disgust: EA needs to go bankrupt in the worst way . . .

effee

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2004
So let me get this straight, are all our points being saved somewhere and will update when the servers are back up? or are we getting points for nothing now.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Originally posted by: effee
So let me get this straight, are all our points being saved somewhere and will update when the servers are back up? or are we getting points for nothing now.

I really hope they update because I played some great rounds in the past week that would probably bring me close to finally bringing me up a rank. At this point, idk if they will save our stats.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
Originally posted by: Smartazz
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: effee
So let me get this straight, are all our points being saved somewhere and will update when the servers are back up? or are we getting points for nothing now.</end quote></div>

I really hope they update because I played some great rounds in the past week that would probably bring me close to finally bringing me up a rank. At this point, idk if they will save our stats.

No one has said anything about whether or not you will get your points. I tend to doubt it though. It would mean that all the servers are holding on to your final score and any special accomplishments that would generate a badge or award. And they would have to be holding on to over a week's worth of games.
I've lost all kinds of awards because the servers didn't record/send the info to gamespy. I think i was promoted to major ingame something like 4 times during various rounds, only to exit and have bfhq tell me I was still a captain. It wasn't until some random/unknown function sent my stat to the GSpy server that the promotion stuck.

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Originally posted by: gorobei
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Smartazz
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: effee
So let me get this straight, are all our points being saved somewhere and will update when the servers are back up? or are we getting points for nothing now.</end quote></div>

I really hope they update because I played some great rounds in the past week that would probably bring me close to finally bringing me up a rank. At this point, idk if they will save our stats.</end quote></div>

No one has said anything about whether or not you will get your points. I tend to doubt it though. It would mean that all the servers are holding on to your final score and any special accomplishments that would generate a badge or award. And they would have to be holding on to over a week's worth of games.
I've lost all kinds of awards because the servers didn't record/send the info to gamespy. I think i was promoted to major ingame something like 4 times during various rounds, only to exit and have bfhq tell me I was still a captain. It wasn't until some random/unknown function sent my stat to the GSpy server that the promotion stuck.

I got one gold star and one silver star in the past week and I'd be pretty upset if this doesn't save. btw, someone sent me this: http://forums.bf2stats.nl/view...8646cf69c5263476e92d17

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
"All the stats since the time this issue started are just sitting there in a lump waiting to be sent through and added to your stats. So for the next few days (maybe up to a week depending on the number of updates that need to go through) it might look like stats are broken, because you won't see new updates. Once the old data is processed and we catch up, then you'll be back to normal with all the stats you are supposed to have (plus normal stat processing going forward).

So, yes, your stats from the outage time should be safe and will start to be processed back into your soldier stats.

As far as a final report of the issue and the fix, I expect that we'll have a full update on that once they've been able to make sure all your stats go through from the outage and everything is working. I'll continue to update you on those items."
Love EA

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Dear God, this map is nothing but a huge Intel ad. The point of the map is to make sure that Intel processors can safely be moved? Jesus.