Betty, Veronica or Cheryl (the red head)?

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Veronica of course...That jet black straight hair, those thick eyelashes, that wonderful snob attitude, that ambition and, most of all...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The ladies can also choose between Archie, Reggie, Jughead, Moose and Milton! ;)

Sugar, Sugar (The Archies)

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I prefer the non-blonde breed of female myself :p
Personal preference of mine I guess...

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Definetely Betty, Veronica had her nose so far in the air, if it rained, she would have drowned. Jugghead, as I always liked the nerdy types, and it has to be Mary Ann. Ginger needed to scrape her face on the nearest tree to take off some of that makeup. :D

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Thanks for the link, Denis! At least the Ginger/Mary Ann debate has a redhead in it. I always feel left out when the Betty/Veronica polls go around. Of course, Archie is a redhead, but I don't think I want to date a guy who would pick Archie.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
Veronica.

Who the hell are betty and veronica?

I don't watch much TV so...

You must have been denied a childhood :(

As for the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate, I saw a recent documentary on Gilligan's Island and the actress who played Mary Ann still looks pretty good, whereas the actress who played Ginger looks scary with her Michael Jackson-ish plastic surgery.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Zippy,

http://www.archiecomics.com/archie/coloringbook_6.html
http://www.archiecomics.com/archie/coloringbook_7.html
http://kds.simplenet.com/graphics/archie/22.jpg
http://www.monsterfighters.com/don/pictures/DeCarlo-01.jpg

Betty

"Just as it's hard not to like Archie, it's absolutely impossible not to love Betty. Blue eyed, blonde, perky and beautiful with a personality that's sweeter than honey, Betty is the sort of girl boys can't help but fall madly in love with. A smile from Betty can brighten even the darkest mood and her bubbly, always positive outlook on life makes everyone around her feel like a million dollars.

While Betty isn't perfect, it just seems that she is. Her faith in people is unshakable, and her loyalty to her friends is unbreakable. Betty is many things to many people: a warm, vibrant, fun loving girl who lives for the present but thinks of her future; a tomboy with spunk and a lady with polish; an irrepressible free spirit and a responsible young woman, a dreamer and a realist with a heart that's bigger than all outdoors.

Even though Betty can date any boy she wants, her heart always has and always will belong to Archie. Despite playing second fiddle to her best friend, Veronica, Betty never gives up hope that one day, Archie will come to his senses and see that she is the only girl for him. And while her own little plots and schemes don't always work, Betty finds that what works best for snaring Archie is when she's simply her sweet, loving self.

However, boys do line up at Betty's door to win her affections, most notably a couple of bad guys. Longtime friend and all around creep Reggie Mantle has started to show genuine feelings for Betty while Cheryl Blossom's rotten twin brother Jason is deeply attracted to her. And why not? As the old saying goes, "Blondes have more fun!", and no girl in Riverdale has more fun than Betty."

Veronica

"At her best, she's flighty, irresponsible and boy crazy. At her worst, she's selfish, hardhearted and calculating. She's hopelessly vain, openly arrogant, temperamental and yet, when it suits her, a fairly nice girl. She wallows in near decadent wealth, tools around town in exotic cars, jets all over the world and is both the envy and enmity of her friends and peers. Who is she? None other than (drum roll please).... Veronica Lodge!

Gorgeous, sophisticated and sexy to the hilt, the raven haired rich girl is every boy's wildest dream. When Veronica strolls down a city street in one of her outrageously expensive designer outfits, she literally brings traffic screeching to a halt. A boy hasn't been born that can resist Veronica's devastating charms, and if she can't win over a guy with her awesome looks, she'll do it with her daddy's money.

However, Veronica, fickle as the day is long, loves to flirt and wrap boys around her little finger. Her idea of a steady relationship lasts about an hour or so. While Veronica can have any boy she wants, the boy she most desires is Archie, for whom she'll plot, scheme and cheat relentlessly to win him over from Betty Cooper. But, despite the rivalry, Veronica loves Betty like a sister. Go figure.

Veronica is glamour, style, culture and class, all wrapped up in one stunning package. There isn't a thing in the world she can't have (save perhaps for Archie, and she's working on that!) and she's easily the talk of the town. Even though Cheryl Blossom has muscled in on her territory of late, Veronica is still the richest, most popular girl in Riverdale. Boys love her, girls hate her, but everyone can't help but admire Veronica!"

WombatWoman,

I should have also included Cheryl Blossom. After all, that red head hottie did make Archie's head spin.

http://www.archiecomics.com/cheryl/images/cheryl.gif
http://www.archiecomics.com/cheryl/coloringbook_5.html
http://www.archiecomics.com/cheryl/coloringbook_7.html

Cheryl

"Well, hello, darlings! I'm Cheryl Blossom, the hostess with the mostest, and I've just arrived from the inn that Jason and I run after a hard, hard day's work (trying to choose a new color for the remodeled powder room was so-oooooo exhausting!) to tell you all about the best page on the entire Archie Comics website----The Blossom Bulletin!!

The people who run the website wanted to tell you all about me, and Jason and the rest of our gang, but I nixed that idea! If anyone was going to do that, it could only be me!! And so, with the help of someone handy on a keyboard (What? Did you think that I was going to risk my gorgeous nails typing? Get real!!), here's all you need to know about the wonderful world of me and my friends! But, hey, I'm the only truly important one here!

My family and I live in Pembrooke which is an exclusive community bordering, ugh....Riverdale. I was always bored sick when I had to go into that loserville, but that all changed on the fateful day when I met Archie Andrews. I've always had a thing for redheaded boys, and when I first laid my gorgeous green eyes on Archie, he drove me wild! But my passion for Archie really ticked off his townie girlfriends, Betty and Veronica, and I loved it! The only thing I love more than being with Archie is getting the goats of those silly girls!

Let me tell you, being the most glamorous creature in all the world is an awesome responsibility. I mean, I seriously think my beauty should be registered as a lethal weapon! Because I'm so incredibly stunning, I turn heads everywhere I go. Jealous people (like Betty and Veronica for instance) call me a shameless flirt, well, it's not my fault boys are hopelessly attracted to me!

Even though I have more money than I know what to do with, what I really want in life is to be famous! There's nothing I want more than to be a movie star, but I'm not picky! I'll settle for any sort of media attention I can get! I was born to be in the spotlight, and my dream is to have my own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! And when I want something, I usually get it, either by hook or by crook!

That's why I had to swallow my pride and force myself into a truce with my slimy twin brother, Jason when we inherited an inn from our flaky old aunt and transformed it into "Club Blossom" the most fabulous hot spot around! Ever since we opened, we've hosted concerts (Having Medusa there was so cool! Even if she was pregnant and cranky!) and all sorts of celebrities! Ooooooh! There's nothing like rubbing shoulders with stars!

Don't believe all those cruel lies spouted by Betty and Veronica who say I'm a scheming, boy crazy and manipulative vamp! Nothing could be further from the truth, kids! I'm just as normal as the next teenaged girl----provided of course she's too beautiful for words, makes the lap of luxury look like a slum and is a genius to boot! Other than that, I'm pretty darn modest, don't you agree? Of course you do.

Sigh, now I suppose I should talk about Jason, after all, he is my brother, though I'd love nothing more than to change that! Jason, whom I've feuded with since we were kids fancies himself a playboy because he's so disgustingly handsome and lives like a king. But, unlike moi, Jason's not the least bit interested in show business, his sole ambition is to date as many girls as humanly possible! I tell you, the boy has NO focus!

When he's not picking up girls like there's no tomorrow (For some bizarre reason, he has a thing for plain Jane Betty Cooper, don't ask me why!), he's constantly in my lovely hair, trying to keep me from achieving the stardom I so rightfully deserve. The only reason he even bothers to help me run the inn is to use it as his personal dating service. There's definitely no love between Jason and me! Never has been, never will be!

The only two people in the world I love as much as myself are my parents. Clifford Blossom is a self made billionaire who started his own computer software business and pretty much rules the industry. Penelope, my mom is real down to earth. Would you believe she avoids the social scene and actually works??? YUCK!!! I must have a talk with her about that sometime!

The first time I met Louella McGruff, whom dad hired to supervise Club Blossom, I thought she came straight from the pro wrestling circuit! Besides being big and burly like a bear (with a temper to match!), Louella is so no nonsense it's sickening. Louella and I have clashed on just about everything about the inn from day one while that weasley Jason kisses up to her like crazy. Sometimes I get my way with her, but not very often!

Outside of Betty and Veronica, the one true pain in my lovely neck are the Clumpitts, a threesome of filthy, revolting hillbillies who, to put it bluntly, put the "red" in redneck! These losers actually live in a treehouse near the inn with no electricity or running water, constantly barge in on the club and otherwise drive me crazy! What I wouldn't give to move them off my land and onto Veronica Lodge's property!

Well, there you have it, friends. Life is pretty good for me, thanks to the inn, I'm becoming famous, I'm the talk of the town, having been on TV, radio, and onstage with Medusa! And I even get Archie Andrews to spend quality time with me when I can tear him away from you-know-who. Be sure to check out my webpage often to see what will happen next! I guarantee you, if it involves me, it'll be great! Ciao, sweeties"

Stay In The Know (Johnny Pate)

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Thanks for introducing me to Cheryl! I sure don't remember any Cheryl in the old Archie comics of my youth.
Must be some sort of equal-opportunity-for-redheads politically correct thing. ;)

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Definitely Betty . . . she's got that Meg Ryan sexy-innocent thing going on . . .

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My wife is an artist, a few years ago she drew a special picture of Betty for me ;)