Beto For TXGov?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 9, 2009
He had to since he was taking heat from other Rs that he was fucking up trade (and risking related $$$ from people who donate to them). Mexican governors agree to a little theater to let him back down and everything gets back to normal. He needed Mexicans to help him out of the hole he dug for himself.
Speaking of which:

"President Biden's approval ratings continue to fall precipitously among Hispanics in the United States.
Biden's approval ratings among Hispanics are down to 26%, according to a recent Quinnipiac poll. This is a nearly 10 point drop from Biden's approval rating on April 6, when he maintained approximately 34% of the Hispanic population. Similarly, low approval was reported in most demographics.
"Biden's 35% job approval among registered voters ties the low that he received in a Quinnipiac University poll on Jan. 12, 2022, when his job approval rating was a negative 35-54%," Quinnipiaq wrote in their breakdown of the data."

Damn!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Speaking of which:

"President Biden's approval ratings continue to fall precipitously among Hispanics in the United States.
Biden's approval ratings among Hispanics are down to 26%, according to a recent Quinnipiac poll. This is a nearly 10 point drop from Biden's approval rating on April 6, when he maintained approximately 34% of the Hispanic population. Similarly, low approval was reported in most demographics.
"Biden's 35% job approval among registered voters ties the low that he received in a Quinnipiac University poll on Jan. 12, 2022, when his job approval rating was a negative 35-54%," Quinnipiaq wrote in their breakdown of the data."

Damn!
Still better then your idol, butt boy. Plug in day 451 for both in the poll of polls.
How Popular Is Joe Biden? | FiveThirtyEight

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

"Today is a historic day, where two governors are showing how to lead on border issues," Abbott said during a press conference in Laredo, Texas, with Sepulveda beside him.
Abbott explained because the agreement calls for increased security on the Mexican side of the border to prevent illegal immigration, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) can return to its previous practice of random truck checks on the bridge from Nuevo Leon to Texas effective immediately.
"It will remain this way as long as Nuevo Leon abides by this agreement," Abbott said at a news conference with Nuevo Leon Gov. Samuel Garcia.
Abbott also said he has been contacted by the governor of every state in Mexico bordering Texas.
"Until those agreements are reached with those states, DPS will continue to inspect [trucks] in every state except Nuevo Leon," Abbott said.
The White House had criticized Abbott on Wednesday and blamed his enhanced inspections for causing supply chain disruptions."

If the cocksuckers in the white house and the biden administration won't help to fix the crisis, Texas will find another way.

Fuck, you're dumb.

Reactions: NTMBK

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Speaking of which:

Damn!

I perhaps should not be surprised by your inability to differentiate actual Mexican citizens and government officials from Latinos in America (a rather broad group).

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Lol, 53hate, leave it to the ignorant to use the most politically biased of pollsters.
What does one of our most biased members have as a sig?

"Nate Silver is God"?

His polling methodology has, by far, been the most accurate since it began. This isn't at all in question, of course, but you're just an incredibly stupid person.

Hell, his polling for 2016 was completely spot-on. Too bad you ignored the actual numbers and focused on how idiots interpreted the plain math.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I perhaps should not be surprised by your inability to differentiate actual Mexican citizens and government officials from Latinos in America (a rather broad group).
Wouldn't "Hispanic" be a better word? Latino would refer to Latin America. I've heard of people with Spanish descent (Spaniard) being treated with disdain simply because they spoke Spanish, even if they had a white complexion.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Wouldn't "Hispanic" be a better word? Latino would refer to Latin America. I've heard of people with Spanish descent (Spaniard) being treated with disdain simply because they spoke Spanish, even if they had a white complexion.

right, because at the end of the day, racism/white supremacy is about "otherness" and keeping the "others" out. the way you fit in is by 1) being white 2) speaking english. if you don't meet those two criteria, the response is "go back to where you came from" (even if you're born in the united states, or immigrated and have lived here for quite some time)

Reactions: hal2kilo and A///

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
right, because at the end of the day, racism/white supremacy is about "otherness" and keeping the "others" out. the way you fit in is by 1) being white 2) speaking english. if you don't meet those two criteria, the response is "go back to where you came from" (even if you're born in the united states, or immigrated and have lived here for quite some time)
Exactly. Several years back I read about an incident somewhere where a Greek-American woman was accosted and told to stop speaking "Mexican" in some state. She was either with her husband or child. Don't forget plain ol' stupid in your post.

I really wished you'd linked to that one article that came out a few years ago about some Natives being told to go back from where they came from, this was different than the incident with the hs kid.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Exactly. Several years back I read about an incident somewhere where a Greek-American woman was accosted and told to stop speaking "Mexican" in some state. She was either with her husband or child. Don't forget plain ol' stupid in your post.

I really wished you'd linked to that one article that came out a few years ago about some Natives being told to go back from where they came from, this was different than the incident with the hs kid.
Heck, a number of Hispanics throughout the Southwest could say the same thing. I worked with a guy who's family was in the Brownsville area way before any gringos showed up.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Heck, a number of Hispanics throughout the Southwest could say the same thing. I worked with a guy who's family was in the Brownsville area way before any gringos showed up.
Yeah, unfortunately while I live in a fairly progressive part of the US we still get people who'll make disgusting comments if they presume everyone is white around them. The Hispanics who are white-passing will often stay quiet out of shame or fear. It's uncalled for behavior whichever way you look at it but that's the realities of life.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

"Today is a historic day, where two governors are showing how to lead on border issues," Abbott said during a press conference in Laredo, Texas, with Sepulveda beside him.
Abbott explained because the agreement calls for increased security on the Mexican side of the border to prevent illegal immigration, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) can return to its previous practice of random truck checks on the bridge from Nuevo Leon to Texas effective immediately.
"It will remain this way as long as Nuevo Leon abides by this agreement," Abbott said at a news conference with Nuevo Leon Gov. Samuel Garcia.
Abbott also said he has been contacted by the governor of every state in Mexico bordering Texas.
"Until those agreements are reached with those states, DPS will continue to inspect [trucks] in every state except Nuevo Leon," Abbott said.
The White House had criticized Abbott on Wednesday and blamed his enhanced inspections for causing supply chain disruptions."

If the cocksuckers in the white house and the biden administration won't help to fix the crisis, Texas will find another way.

I hear your countrymen calling you Traitor? Is that your new name? Pronoun? I wanna get it right as I am not here to offend anyone.
Would that be Traitor Taj? TT?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Yeah, unfortunately while I live in a fairly progressive part of the US we still get people who'll make disgusting comments if they presume everyone is white around them. The Hispanics who are white-passing will often stay quiet out of shame or fear. It's uncalled for behavior whichever way you look at it but that's the realities of life.

sad but true assessment of our current state of affairs

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
And how many billions of dollars worth of goods were ruined as a result?

Nice inflation you got there ...

Millions in produce ruined. Overall economic cost due to delays much higher. Accomplished nothing for anybody but Abbott.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
And how many billions of dollars worth of goods were ruined as a result?

Nice inflation you got there ...
I'm sure it will all be blamed on Biden policies. Not, we just are getting over a pandemic, there's basically a world war going on, involving one of the worlds suppliers of petroleum stocks. Nope its policies just like good old Jimmy Carter and the oil crisis, and the Iranian hostages, all their fault.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not at all surprised that the inspections turned up nothing. They're pablum for xenophobes who want to feel like they're keeping the "undesirables" away. They don't have to consider effectiveness, or even whether or not a criminal influx from Mexico represents a major crisis (spoiler: it's not). Like anti-abortion laws, it's a quick vote grab rather than a meaningful policy.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
People in Texas would rather freeze to death vs allowing any new gun regulations. Who needs a stinkin' electrical grid?

It's beyond "new gun regulations", Beto vowed to "hell yeah, I'll take your [guns]."

Even if you don't want all the open carry and other loose laws, vowing to take everyone's "military style" guns, even hunters, even any self defense, even sport shooters in Texas (!), is electoral suicide.

Even CA, NY or MA have not been this extreme.

He's tried to walk it back, but his loose talk and unspecific definitions just make him sound like a gun grabber and he won't be able escape.

Jul 9, 2009
I hear your countrymen calling you Traitor? Is that your new name? Pronoun? I wanna get it right as I am not here to offend anyone.
Would that be Traitor Taj? TT?
If you want to show yourself as stupid and ignorant as him, go right ahead. Knock yourself out. TT might be thought of as titties, so maybe you should scale that back.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm sure it will all be blamed on Biden policies. Not, we just are getting over a pandemic, there's basically a world war going on, involving one of the worlds suppliers of petroleum stocks. Nope its policies just like good old Jimmy Carter and the oil crisis, and the Iranian hostages, all their fault.
Interesting article I ran across about Texas Governors using the border for politics. Say it isn't so.

Texas governors spent billions on doomed border operations suspiciously timed around campaign bids | Salon.com

Over the next 17 years, Perry and his successor, Gov. Greg Abbott, persuaded the Texas Legislature to spend billions of dollars on border security measures that included at least nine operations and several smaller initiatives. Each time, the governors promised that the state would do what the federal government had failed to: secure the border.

The pronouncements often coincided with their gubernatorial campaigns or times when they were considering bids for higher office. Perry and Abbott also ramped up their political attacks on the federal government during periods when Democrats held the presidency or a majority in Congress.

In 2007, with Bush still in office but Democrats in control of Congress, Texas allocated $110 million in state funding to border security. The figure swelled to nearly $3 billion last year as Abbott criticized newly inaugurated President Joe Biden, claiming Biden had not done enough to stop drug and human smuggling.