[BestBuy] XFX Radeon R7 260X Double D Edition 2GB DDR5 Video Card - $75 with FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
XFX - Radeon R7 260X Double D Edition 2GB DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card - Black/Silver

$74.99 Free Shipping

2518005_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

Most likely this is the fastest BNIB GPU under $100 at this time ==> similar performance to a GTX750Ti 2GB.

attachment.php

For specific game-by-game benchmarks, see this review.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I just got two of these off of ebay (BestBuy), after they dropped the price to $74.99. They literally just arrived.

I took one out, these seem... not quite new?

I don't know. It has a protective film over the heatsink / fan guard, but the heatsink itself, has oil (like finger oil) on the side of it, and it has a spot for a heatpipe in the middle that's missing a heatpipe.

Also, there is NO DVI-to-VGA adapter, or CF bridge, or molex-to-PCI-E power adapter in the box, Just the card, and some paperwork, and the driver CD.

Edit: Regarding the lack of adapters and cables that usually come with video cards - the ebay listing does list the contents of the box, and it quite clearly does NOT list any adapters or cables, sadly. I guess I'm just used to retail video cards coming with those things, but apparently these are a cost-reduced SKU specifically for BestBuy.

Last edited:

pbroussard

Sep 2, 2001
These are not being shipped. Pick up in store only. At least that's what I got when trying to order one. None in my area....

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
I just got two of these off of ebay (BestBuy), after they dropped the price to $74.99. They literally just arrived.

I took one out, these seem... not quite new?

I don't know. It has a protective film over the heatsink / fan guard, but the heatsink itself, has oil (like finger oil) on the side of it, and it has a spot for a heatpipe in the middle that's missing a heatpipe.

But the deal I posted is directly from EBay not from BestBuy. Therefore, I am not sure we can make the same assumptions about buying these products directly from BB.

Was your box sealed with a small sticker? Usually all GPUs come with a small seal.

Also, there is NO DVI-to-VGA adapter, or CF bridge, or molex-to-PCI-E power adapter in the box, Just the card, and some paperwork, and the driver CD.

Most AMD cards do not come with a CF bridge. CF bridges come with motherboards. This has been the case for as long as I can remember going back to HD3870 days. About the only manufacturer that goes the extra mile is Sapphire. Even then in recent years NV and AMD AIBs are bundling less and less cables, etc.

Also, what kind of a PSU are you using that you need a molex-to-PCIe adapter. Jeez.

DVI-to-VGA adapter? Those are less than $2.

Also, no one should ever be cross-firing an R7 260X card in 2015 because for $150 it's easy to find an R9 280 that's going to be at least as fast with a mild overclock, but has 3GB of VRAM and doesn't require CF scaling.

6617_28_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

6617_30_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

6617_31_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

6617_32_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

6617_33_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

6617_34_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

6617_35_sapphire_radeon_r7_260x_2gb_oc_in_crossfire_video_card_review.png

On top of that the R7 260X CF would even use more power than a single R9 280. So you have:

1) less amount of effective VRAM (2 vs. 3GB)
2) reliance on CF profiles or way less performance than a single 280
3) nowhere near the overclocking headroom a single R9 280 has in % terms
4) higher idle and load power usage
5) Of course R9 280 OC can trade blows with a GTX770/280X but to get there you'd need 2 very good overclocking R7 260Xs which just increases the chance of overclocking lottery for 2 cards vs. 1.

Also, if you are still using an VGA LCD, I think it's time to think about upgrading. :awe:

The last time I had a VGA LCD was in 2003.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
But the deal I posted is directly from EBay not from BestBuy.
I think that you have that backwards. Your link goes to BestBuy for me.
Was your box sealed with a small sticker? Usually all GPUs come with a small seal.
Yes.
Most AMD cards do not come with a CF bridge. CF bridges come with motherboards. This has been the case for as long as I can remember going back to HD3870 days.
Err, I think that you have that backwards again.
SLI bridges come with mobos. CF bridges come (optionally) with cards.
Also, what kind of a PSU are you using that you need a molex-to-PCIe adapter. Jeez.
DVI-to-VGA adapter? Those are less than $2.
I don't actually need the accessories. Just commenting that I found that it was strange that they weren't included.
Also, no one should ever be cross-firing an R7 260X card in 2015 because for $150 it's easy to find an R9 280 that's going to be at least as fast with a mild overclock, but has 3GB of VRAM and doesn't require CF scaling.
I wasn't planning to CF them.
Also, if you are still using an VGA LCD, I think it's time to think about upgrading. :awe:
Huh? I don't have any monitor in my sig. I'm using 1080P 24" HDTVs as monitors for my rigs.
Oh, you mean in reference to the DVI-to-VGA... I'm actually using HDMI. But in my bedroom, where I work on some PCs, my only spare PC hookup to my 32" HDTV is a VGA cable.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Also, no one should ever be cross-firing an R7 260X card in 2015
You are one of my favorite tech forum posters. That said, the way you present the argument, only encourages me to fight the system. :awe:

Status
Not open for further replies.