Best way to make $100-$200

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: batmang
heh, when u donate sperm, u might one day have a half child, too weird for my morals. hrmm, well, i know an easy way to get free computer stuff. buy ram from best buy that has heatspreaders, take off the heatspreader, keep the ram.... put some crappy ram in the heatspreader and take it back. then... sell the ram?

*EDIT- thats also bad on my morals, but at least i dont have a half child running around.

Thank you for your morally upstanding contribution to our world.

- M4H

masterxfob

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
heh, when u donate sperm, u might one day have a half child, too weird for my morals. hrmm, well, i know an easy way to get free computer stuff. buy ram from best buy that has heatspreaders, take off the heatspreader, keep the ram.... put some crappy ram in the heatspreader and take it back. then... sell the ram?

*EDIT- thats also bad on my morals, but at least i dont have a half child running around.

what an absolute jackass! this fvckass should be banned! :|:disgust::|

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003

"wtf...i hope u buy cheap ram in a fancy heatspreader at best buy"

---parody.

tokamak

Golden Member
Nov 26, 1999
no dice on sperm bank. its a big commitment. lots of paperwork, i think you have to agree to give multiple donations over the course of like 6 or so months, lots of screening, etc.

i'd say your best bet would be donating plasma. also, if you go to a decent size college, you could probably find some grad student or something thats doing a study and needs participants. they usually pay like $25-$50. i see flyers about stuff like that all the time around here.

<edit> not donate plasma, sell it. my bad :cool:

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Originally posted by: matsuhisa
tutor... i tutor a hs senior and get paid $30/hr cash.

Yeah, this is pretty good I heard. But usually you won't be able to do it if you have class and another job.

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001

better hope you dont come to my tech bench.. we use a mem config program from corsair that tells us what speeds are coded into the ram. we also will install vid cards and make sure they dont have swapped heatsinks as well

mikebb

May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Playa7926
i work at blockbuster but im also going to college so i cant work 9 hour days

I don't see what the problem is here...when I was in school I worked ~25-30 hours a week (4 nights at 4-5hrs a night + 1 8 hour weekend day.) 25*6.10 = 152.50 * 2 weeks = $305, well over $200 even after taxes.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Playa7926
i work at blockbuster but im also going to college so i cant work 9 hour days

Good thing his plan suggested that if you worked 9 hour days you would only have to make 1.11 an hour to make that much. Seeing as minimum is 5 something, you would only need 15-20 hours a week.

Honestly, if you have any wait staff experience, you could make 100 in a long day at a nice restaurant.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Selling plasma will get you 25 bucks or so a pop, so theoretically twice a week will earn you a hundred bucks in a 2 week period.

I say play some basketball and get all sweaty, roll around in the dirt, find a piece of cardboard and write on there "Homeless, need food and money God Bless", preferably pee on yourself too to get a good stench going on. Stand on the street corner and get rich

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: masterxfob

what an absolute jackass! this fvckass should be banned! :|:disgust::|

:disgust:

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I still think the street corner is the best bet. Couple of hours and, what do ya know. All set.

<--------------- not speaking from experience ;)

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

Thank you for your morally upstanding contribution to our world.

- M4H

that picture is AWESOME

matsuhisa

Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: TravisT

Yeah, this is pretty good I heard. But usually you won't be able to do it if you have class and another job.

that's not true... i'm an example. i work 40 hr/week plus tutor about 7 hr/week. i end up making another paycheck by tutoring.

VictorLazlo

Jul 23, 2003
<modified Family Guy reference> You could whore yourself out to 20 fat chicks for $10 each. Or 2 really fat chicks for $100 each.

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
Originally posted by: TravisT

that's not true... i'm an example. i work 40 hr/week plus tutor about 7 hr/week. i end up making another paycheck by tutoring.

Oops, my fault, i misread that. For some reason i thought he was referring to being a substitute in high school.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
chud baby

Wow. Haven't heard CHUD in like forever!

That movie was so bad it was almost good!!! :p

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller! Woot!

Ok, visit some thrift stores and such, buy stuff that you know will eBay for more, sell.