Question Best water cooling for my case


Aug 26, 2006
I have an OLD i7 2700K. It's in a Corsair Carbide 300 case. The old Corsair i80 water cooler is no longer working. I mean that it sits at 0 usage and all my cores are at 45C + for no reason. In the past they were all at 25c+ etc. I am TRYING to find a replacement OMG. I cannot get a straight answer from Corsair's website. What water cooler can I use? right now the i80 is a straight up ONE fan/radiator that is connected to the BACK of my case (top fan slot, one fan before and then the radiator and then one fan behind). My case has a a TOP (think the top of the case) which would allow TWO slot radiator. I tried amazon and it says 100i. Is this correct? Can I buy this for my 1156 mobo chipset and will this newer larger water cooling system work for my case? 300 corsair carbide. Or should I try to just buy another i80 or something similar?


Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
In all honesty I would consider using an air cooler. Coolers today handle some crazy heat from modern CPUs. They should handle your 2700k just fine.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Should be able to easily do air for that (heck the Hyper 212 EVO to the rescue). I have a 3770k overclocked to 4.7GHz on air (Noctua NH-D14). I had it up to 5.0GHz but it wasn't stable without bumping voltages up so I dialed it back to 4.7GHz on default voltages).
  • Like
Reactions: john3850