Best video editing software

calyco

Oct 7, 2004
Can you guys recommend a good video editor? Preferably freeware but paid is fine too. Things I do - I just scanned 500 family photos and would like to make a slideshow and add background music. I also cut and edit avi and mp4s from home videos I transferred from VHS and DSLR. I was using a good freeware app for trimming but that was about all it could do. I am on Windows 10 currently. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
[suggested download of pirated software deleted.]

I not here ;o)

---

Continuing to advocate piracy will make that more true than it is, now.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:

WebDesigners

Aug 7, 2015
www.popwebdesign.de
Windows movie maker is the best free video editor, it is very simple to use but it can be very handy. Also ivsEdit and Lightworks are awesome free editors.

The best paid softwares are Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier.

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
I always liked Sony Vegas (professional editing program, expensive) but they also have Movie Studio which is cheap and which should be plenty for making "simple" videos and slideshows.

You can also look into MS Movie Maker (not sure whether it works with Win 10) which should also be sufficient for things like slideshows, and it's free as far as I know.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Windows movie maker is the best free video editor, it is very simple to use but it can be very handy. Also ivsEdit and Lightworks are awesome free editors.

The best paid softwares are Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier.

Best part of Premiere is that you don't have to swallow a huge bill up front - they "rent" it out now for $19.99 per month:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html